PDA

View Full Version : Disasterous Weekend at HPR!!!

JohnGarc
August 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
August 8, 2011

John Garcia
8303 E Kenyon Drive
Denver, CO 80237

Official Letter of Reprimand and Notification of Penalty

Greetings John,

This letter of reprimand and notification of penalty stems from actions which occurred at High Plains Raceway during the weekend of July 30 & 31, 2011. Specifically, you ignored black flags displayed around the race course, and then were disrespectful to an MRA Official. You were in violation of Section 8 – Flags and Signals and Section 10 – On Track Regulations.

8.1.E. Black Flag: Indicates a problem and immediate removal of your motorcycle from the racing line. Carefully reduce speed, get off of the racing line and stop at the first safe location off the course. Riders are not permitted to return to the racecourse unless cleared by an official. Failure to stop for a Black Flag according to the rules will result in immediate disqualification from the current race and suspension from future MRA events pending a board review.

10.G. Disrespect towards Corner Workers will not be tolerated. These people are
responsible for hazardous areas around the racecourse and are in position for racers’ safety. Violations in this matter are grounds for levied fines and/or suspension.

Because of the multiple violations during this incident, the MRA Board of Directors has decided to impose the following penalty:

You were removed from the facility for the remainder of the event. There will be no additional fines or penalties for these infractions on that date.

Future violations of any nature will incur additional penalties and will be assessed as prescribed in the Rule Book, and at the discretion of the MRA Board of Directors.

We look forward to your participation at future events.

Sincerely,

Tony Baker
MRA President

cc: Rider Personal File

JohnGarc
August 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Tony,

Wow, that is all I can say. I only saw the black flag at the top of the hill before the corkscrew. By that time I came I was already in the pits. Once I arrived into my hot pit area, I did not see any of my team. Next, I heard my wife yelling at me to come further down the hot pit area because ray ray moved our pits. (Stupid) Now, while all this commotion was going on, Im tired, dazed and confused, next I have Ray Ray come up to me and almost Tbone me on the side of MY bike. That was uncalled for!!! He immediately began “laying into me” by cussing up a storm, at this point I could not understand the situation because I was so confused of the mass chaos that surrounded my pits. I told him to “Shut Up” and move along. Also, because of his rude behavior that was the last straw, short of my patience. I then slapped him on the back and told him again to get out of my face...

Because of Ray Ray and his unprofessional antics I have decided to leave the MRA with 1 Finger behind!!!

THERE IS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY BROTHERS!!!!

I am also disappointed that no one reached out to hear my side of the story. Just BAM, here is your reprimand. Very Funny!!! (Grrrr) :-({|=

T Baggins
August 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hey John,

I'm truly sorry that your weekend went that way, and that the penalty and letter have upset you so much. As you know, I was not present during that part of the event, but I was the one who did the Letters of Reprimand from the weekend following a review at the Board Meeting Monday night.

Technically there was no need to reach out for your side of the story, as the penalty had already been assessed. All the letter did was formalize that you were disqualified from the event, and why you were disqualified - there is no additional penalty or fine.

The rulebook is very clear that failure to stop for the black flag is cause for disqualification or suspension. There is no provision for "I didn't see it" - it is the riders responsibility TO SEE IT and all other safety and warning flags on the course. I am understanding that the Black Flag was displayed to you at numerous corners on the racetrack prior to Turn 13.

The MRA Board has discussed this infraction (and others from the weekend) at length. Ray consistently gave each team "one warning" for rules infractions during the event. Had you simply acknowledged the infraction and understood what you did wrong - you would have been left with a warning.

Telling an official to "shut up" and "get out of my face" is certainly inappropriate, and at that time Ray chose to assess a penalty on you because it was your second infraction.

If you have a specific grievance about how the event was handled, or regarding your penalty specifically, you can always appeal it to the Board of Directors as prescribed in the rulebook. We will give it full and appropriate consideration.

As a personal note, I've always enjoyed having your as part of the MRA - and your enthusiasm for racing and "weird bikes" is fun to be around. It was so great to see that you "made it back to the track" this year. If this truly causes you to leave the MRA, know that you will be missed by many.

DOUBLE A
August 10th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah Dont go!!! I know from experience getting yelled at sucks by anyone. But sometimes when you dont see they are trying to tell you something when your on the track & you dont see it till they have been telling you for a while, yet you just saw it. People get spun up thinking you were ignoring it or whatever, but honestly you didnt know. (especially when it comes to safety) So it could have been handled better, but dont call it quits man. We love ya! BTW I fukk up all the time, Im glad when someone lets me know I'm doing something wrong, just learn from it and move on. I watched a good buddy of mine go backwards in the pit lane last round hahaha no names. But he went and got his ass chewed & moved on. MY list of fukk ups it too long to list. I think you kick ass man, & this was just a one time thing. Everyone knows that & thats why it wasnt a fine or more. Hope I see you out there round #6 or at the NUT. If I can help out in anyway let me know man! Peace.

JohnGarc
August 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Tony,

I appreciate the concern but my beef is with Ray Ray... He is an obnoxious stuck up person who thinks he is ABOVE everyone else. He talks down to you. I have witnessed newer riders ask him questions and he does not give them an answer but tells them to seek advice or help elsewhere. I quite frankly am tired of his $hit as others in the MRA are as well!! I will be back but certainly not this year because of the said individual. My frustration is not with the MRA and the rest of you fine folks. You guys are truly amazing... Ihave made great friends and family with you guys. After this incident I just left with a bad taste in my mouth because of your said Boardmember RAY RAY.

Ray Ray,

Please chime in if you will... Ever since I started in 08' the incident began at Pueblo where he simply couldn't pass a novice rider. Then, the same thing happend. TBone me in the pits and cussing me out becuase he stuck a wheel outside my Arse in Turn 7 while I had already had the fast line going out to 8. Its not my fault I was faster then him. He has been a real pain in my side all the way to HPR...

This is my formal greivance.

HAMMER
August 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I have been kicked out cussed at and fined a hundred times . And hundreds of dollars ... Some people still love me ... Don't let it ruin your racing .... Come back buddy ...

Not that anyone shud listen to a word of advise I give ....lol :oops:

HAMMER
August 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Plus you need to witness me dicing it up on the 125 w/ schramster

JohnGarc
August 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
. :twisted:

HAMMER
August 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
If you hold down ray ray .. I punch him in the ribs ..... Jks.... Love ya ray

DOUBLE A
August 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
LMAO!!! Let's get some moonshine & celebrate @ round 6! Hammer cracks me fukkn up! lol

cromer611
August 10th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Alright I'll come back... haha I just needed to let out years of frustrations. I hate Drama...
Drama, this forum is nothing but drama... that's why I stay off the forums as much as I can

DOUBLE A
August 10th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Alright I'll come back... haha I just needed to let out years of frustrations. I hate Drama...
Drama, this forum is nothing but drama... that's why I stay off the forums as much as I can

And now look at cha! : P haha I wouldnt mind seeing you more on here mayn, and off here! WTH! Why isnt Ewik a rider rep!? Your nominated already sukka by me. :lol: :shock:

JimWilson29
August 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/2/129146943759934976.jpg

Clarkie
August 10th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Cant spell dRaMA without MRA LMFAO! :lol:

acrovixen
August 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Way to steal my line, Aaron :P

And I'll pitch in my unsolicited two cents: erm, if you're so "dazed and confused" that you miss multiple flags because you're fatigued, there are probably some bigger safety issues at play... Just sayin [-X

random hero
August 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Not trying to be a dick, just playing devils advocate.. I was on pit wall about 20' from this said incident, and I never saw Ray-Ray almost hitting anyone. I say him visually upset for what seemed to be a 10 second period of communication... He then turned around and headed back out on track. I know there are two sides to the story, but Ray didn't seem out of line. I think he was upset because in this situation a lot of riders were put at risk from a safety stand-point.

Also, second what Lisa said, if you can't see the flags because of being dazed and confused, it's probably a good thing to pull in and take a breather.

Last, this kind of internet shit sucks, and once it's typed you can't take it back... Take it up w/ Ray or the board in person..... no need for interweb tantrum.

dave.gallant
August 11th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Black flag means get the f*ck off the track. Draining oil over the entire course will at best end the day and at worst kill someone.

Stop the whining, fix your shit, and get back out there and race.

random hero
August 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Black flag means get the f*ck off the track. Draining oil over the entire course will at best end the day and at worst kill someone.

Stop the whining, fix your shit, and get back out there and race.

This is true... my teammate came in w/his windscreen, helmet & visor and leathers covered, could have been bad!

peteyt328
August 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Haha, separate incident but I think Johnny B owes me a pizza for covering me in oil! I was just glad nobody went down in turn 4 from that and Johnny was able to get off the track without going down!

Clarkie
August 11th, 2011, 09:28 AM
if you can't see the flags because of being dazed and confused, it's probably a good thing to pull in and take a breather.

To me this is the problem with letting people do the 4-hour by themselves. Sure it may be a great story to impress your friends how hard core you are, but while you are out there and are hot, bothered, confused and just doing laps, other TEAMS are in an actual race and shouldnt have to deal with another rider who isnt safe and shouldnt be on track.

Yeah there a few riders who are totally ok with doing a 4 hours stint by themselves, but you open the door for other riders who shouldnt be doing it by themselves, and in the process putting every other rider on track at risk.

rforsythe
August 11th, 2011, 09:04 PM
if you can't see the flags because of being dazed and confused, it's probably a good thing to pull in and take a breather.

To me this is the problem with letting people do the 4-hour by themselves. Sure it may be a great story to impress your friends how hard core you are, but while you are out there and are hot, bothered, confused and just doing laps, other TEAMS are in an actual race and shouldnt have to deal with another rider who isnt safe and shouldnt be on track.

Yeah there a few riders who are totally ok with doing a 4 hours stint by themselves, but you open the door for other riders who shouldnt be doing it by themselves, and in the process putting every other rider on track at risk.

Whether you should ride or not is subjective however, and at the end of the day we have to trust each other to recognize when we're too whipped to continue. Last year I hit that point at 2:45 into the race, and started getting really stupid. I pulled off so that I wouldn't take out someone else. This year I made to the end, but had to dial it back the last 15-20 minutes to get there. I tried to stay out of the way of the "fresh" team riders though, and left them plenty of room to make a pass whenever possible.

I see your point though and perhaps solo riders should get a fast "official" checkout once the race has dragged on a while. With over 30 riders that could be problematic though. Maybe people just need to have the point about "stupid = deadly" reinforced more to avoid the issue.

Clarkie
August 11th, 2011, 09:36 PM
It comes down to, just because you can, doesnt mean you should :wink:

The MRA officals should'nt need to screen people who enter the endurance race for people who might get tired, flustered, and abuse officials, they have enough to worry about.

acrovixen
August 11th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Ralph, been there, done that. Remember that very first year of R2SL when some moron #-o thought it would be a good idea to do 200 f***ing laps at Second Creek?! I was pretty much hallucinating by the time I got off the bike - sorry - by the time I got LIFTED off the bike at the end of the day. The only thought going was that I wanted to strangle Hannah Steplewska (Kubiak) for coming out to count me down the last few laps LOL On the upside, I was the only one on the track for the last 30 or so laps - even the corner workers were having BBQ in the pits LOL. Good ol' Tony Baker was peeking over pit wall and making sure I went by every couple of minutes (seriously - I think I was doing 2 minute lap times by the end :roll: ) - thanks Tony! Looking back, probably not the brightest thing I've ever done because I was really zoning out for the last few laps; at least I wasn't putting anyone else at risk as I had the track to myself.

My lesson learned - call it quits when you start to lose focus. I was lucky that day, and I know it. Even now when I do the odd track day, I don't worry as much about getting my money's worth and riding ALL of EVERY session. Guess maybe I AM getting smarter in my old age! That and I also know getting my money's worth goes out the window if I'm replacing shit on the bike after I do something dumb. At the end of the day, it's just not worth it...

rforsythe
August 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
It comes down to, just because you can, doesnt mean you should :wink:

Dude, you do know what forum you're on here right? :lol:

Ralph, been there, done that. Remember that very first year of R2SL when some moron #-o thought it would be a good idea to do 200 f***ing laps at Second Creek?!

Yeah, I remember that psycho. :)

My lesson learned - call it quits when you start to lose focus. I was lucky that day, and I know it. Even now when I do the odd track day, I don't worry as much about getting my money's worth and riding ALL of EVERY session. Guess maybe I AM getting smarter in my old age! That and I also know getting my money's worth goes out the window if I'm replacing shit on the bike after I do something dumb. At the end of the day, it's just not worth it...

Had a couple of those moments on the track too, and yeah some of us apparently just need to learn the semi-hard way. The older I get the longer things take to stop hurting though (more money to fix the bike, less desire to fix me). Still the scariest "I am too tired to be here" moment was in a plane, but that's a story for another time. :)

Overall I didn't feel like I was at risk from any other riders during the endurance, save a couple guys who were just making asshole passes (I heard one got called on it, but dunno). I knew the other solo riders out there were at least as cashed as I was, and it at least felt like a "gentleman's race" as it went on with riders being competitive, but courteous as we all dug in. The team riders all seemed to understand they were having a different kind of race than we were as well.

DOUBLE A
August 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Man we should move this to a rules thread or something..lol Poor John everytime we keep posting about Different senarios it's like he gets another finger poked in the eye. Even though I dont fault him for riding his ass off in a race, I rode my ass off with 17day old (5 pieces) shattered collar bone & titanium plate...still had puss & blood at the stitching all weekend. And it was at the last 4HR. I lasted for 2 something & the motor pussed out.

rforsythe
August 12th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Ralph, been there, done that. Remember that very first year of R2SL when some moron #-o thought it would be a good idea to do 200 f***ing laps at Second Creek?! I was pretty much hallucinating by the time I got off the bike - sorry - by the time I got LIFTED off the bike at the end of the day. The only thought going was that I wanted to strangle Hannah Steplewska (Kubiak) for coming out to count me down the last few laps LOL On the upside, I was the only one on the track for the last 30 or so laps - even the corner workers were having BBQ in the pits LOL. Good ol' Tony Baker was peeking over pit wall and making sure I went by every couple of minutes (seriously - I think I was doing 2 minute lap times by the end :roll: ) - thanks Tony! Looking back, probably not the brightest thing I've ever done because I was really zoning out for the last few laps; at least I wasn't putting anyone else at risk as I had the track to myself.

By the way, I cranked the Wayback Machine up to 11 tonight and dug out the laptime files from the 2004 R2SL event. You did 200 laps on that Friday setting the record for not only the event, but the most laps I've seen anyone ever do in a day. Your fastest time was a 1:26, however you finished with a bunch in the low 1:30's. In fact some of your slower times were earlier in the day, I suspect due to the heat. Really, you maintained quite a consistent pace the entire time despite being unable to speak by the end of it.

Jon Glaefke was the 2nd-up in most laps in a day at 178 total, with a 1:13 fast lap and solid performance in the 1:15-1:17 range.

Sorry for the threadjack, but those who were there are probably smiling.

acrovixen
August 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
:D Cool! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane! That DID bring a smile to my face! Er, not the slow ass lap times, just the whole memory of the day, the intent of the event, and my cool and classy teammates (Donna Turner, Hannah Kubiak and Shana Hyer). Yeah, girl power rocks! :wink:

Thanks Ralph!!

Clarkie
August 13th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Man we should move this to a rules thread or something..lol Poor John everytime we keep posting about Different senarios it's like he gets another finger poked in the eye.

Why? It was his decision to try and grandstand on this forum and publically abuse a Board member in the process. No one should get to start shit like that and get off easy, the Board members keep this club going and need to be respected regardless of if you agree with their decisions or not. When the Board positions come up each year, if someone isnt happy with the way the club is being run, they should throw their hat in the ring.

JohnGarc
August 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Maybe you should throw your hat in the mix Clarkeee, instead of being an armchair QB. Oops my bad, its football season. Haha

Clarkie
August 26th, 2011, 08:27 PM
A bit tough from 2 states away, but thanks for your support! :roll:

Football is for pussy's who wear pads and helmets anyway :lol:

JohnGarc
August 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome to America. :lol:

Clarkie
August 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Yet the wife and I are going back to NZ in a month to watch the Rugby World Cup, you know, a real game 8) Dont worry, one day you Seppo's will harden up and play a real game....nah probably not :lol:

JohnGarc
August 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Good don't come back u pussy!

Clarkie
August 26th, 2011, 08:47 PM
LMAO tough guy when you are two states away huh, kinda like how tough you think you are when you are mouthing off at an official with your helmet on and then act like you were all hot and flustered :lol:

acrovixen
August 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Wow, John, poor form! Maybe you can start throwing down the guantlet when YOU carry a number 1 plate on your bike for a couple of seasons... Or even ONE season for that matter... =;

And speaking of "being a pussy" I would be the first to argue (and doubtfully the LAST) that YOU were the one getting your panties in a wad and mouthing off to an official. I've known Ray since he was a corner worker for crying out loud, and a finer sportsman and mediator I have yet to meet. If there was an altercation, I have HIS back - through first hand knowledge of his character, which is backed up by the fact that he didn't call you out on your whiny bullshit of posting and crying on the damn forum... If you were trying to rally the MRA to your "side" in the matter, I'll say: epic fail. You've done nothing more than alienate people and - likely - piss off a few board members. Good luck with the rest of that season. It's pretty hard to be a champion AND a crybaby - for the record.

Holy effing shit, have you got some balls... Try not to fall off or blow your shit up on the track this weekend... W.O.W.

The GECCO
August 28th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Good don't come back u pussy!

I've seen some shit in my time....hell, I've STIRRED some shit in my time...but that is just wrong. Clarkie holds a rather special spot in my life, but you could say that to my worst enemy and I'd still call bullshit.

Respect = NONE for you, Garcia

acrovixen
August 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Respect = NONE for you, Garcia

=D> What Glen said....

Glenn, were people always this disrespectful and shitty to each other, or is this something new? Maybe I had my head in the sand a few years ago, but I don't remember people being such mouthy aholes "back in the day..." Pretty sad :(

And for crying out loud, if you ARE going to talk shit, at least have some skills to back it up 8)

T Baggins
August 29th, 2011, 08:43 AM
John,

You had a rules violation. You were appropriately reprimanded for it (as were a handful of other riders that weekend).

Take your medicine, and get over it - just like everyone else did.

Assaulting people all over the MRA forums isn't doing much to support your position - and you're starting to look just plain foolish.

Please let it go and put that smile back on your face that we all know and love.

loujr
August 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM
John,

You had a rules violation. You were appropriately reprimanded for it (as were a handful of other riders that weekend).

Take your medicine, and get over it - just like everyone else did.

Assaulting people all over the MRA forums isn't doing much to support your position - and you're starting to look just plain foolish.

Please let it go and put that smile back on your face that we all know and love.

well said Mr. Baker...well said.