PDA

View Full Version : Pridmore STAR School at HPR in Jeopardy

The GECCO
July 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hello all, just a heads up to anyone who may be intending to sign up for the STAR school who hasn't yet - they are well short of the number of signups needed to hold the school and are considering canceling. I would hate for people who intend to attend to lose their opportunity simply because they procrastinated. So, if you were waiting to sign up, please do it soon otherwise they may pull the plug.

THX

steamboat27
July 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I hope its not canceled I just signed up for the two days

AR
July 29th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Just signed up for the 16th a minute ago..

Pleez don't cancel..

BrokenWire2086
July 29th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Yea... already signed up... so I guess the question is how many more people do we need to chloroform and drag out for the event.

Yeeker
July 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I'll sign up after I make sure that I come away unscathed this weekend.

acrovixen
July 30th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I just chatted with one of the peeps from STAR school and got the straight skinny, right from the top: they need NINE more people signed up - EACH of the two days - to make the school worthwhile. If they don't get the numbers by Monday 1 Aug, the school will be cancelled. I'm not a businesswoman, but I can't imagine that bodes well for them planning any repeat visits to CO in the near future.

I know how spoiled CO folks are with relatively easy track access and lots of track days. Let me dispell ANY rumors that this is "just another track day" - it's NOT. The skills and tools you learn from JP and his instructors are absolutely first rate. Don't take my word for it - he has people like Josh Hayes, Roger Hayden and Steve Rapp show up to guest instruct, among others. Yeah, I KNOW it's more expensive than a track day - because it's NOT a track day - it is a skills training course. If you go to this school and don't learn something, you weren't trying hard enough or paying close enough attention. :wink:

Even if you can only go for one day - sign UP!! Though I will say from (multiple) personal experience - two IS better than one. And no, I'm not on payroll LOL I'm just a firm believer in the skills. AND I want this school to be coming back to CO when I move back there in a few years :lol: Bring a friend! Bring two friends! Just hurry up and sign up! And if you can't or won't go, spread the word!

*stepping off my soapbox now*

Hope everyone had a kickass race weekend!

acrovixen
August 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM
I just spoke with Nita from STAR School. As of today, they still need at least 5 more people to sign up for the school to avoid cancelling it. If you're one of those folks who likes to wait until the last minute (like me! :wink: ) I can assure you - the last minute is HERE!!

For those who think it's "too much for a track day" - it's NOT a track day - it is a SCHOOL. You learn a lot of great skills that you'll never pick up by just going out and doing lap after lap. In fact, you could be doing more harm than good if you keep practicing bad habits and reinforcing them. Practice does NOT make perfect - practice makes "permanent."

These skills aren't just for racers, so if you have some street riding friends, this school is for them too. No track bike required and prepping a street bike takes about 10 minutes. I hope to hear about more folks taking advantage of this, because it sure is a hell of an opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business - and it's a damn sight cheaper than Code's school or Yamaha Champions - both are good schools but this is arguably a lot cheaper and it's closer to home :lol:

AR
August 1st, 2011, 11:33 PM
The fact that my card got charged must mean WE'RE ON?

WOOHOO!!

And to think I just sent Rybo my novice app, too..

The GECCO
August 3rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Hello all, the official word from STAR is that the school IS ON! If you were on the fence about attending now is the time to get signed up!

High Roller
August 3rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
where do i sign up? Is there a place for more details on the school?

rybo
August 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.starmotorcycle.com/