PDA

View Full Version : Shopping insurance

Munch
July 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I'm about to do some comparison shopping for home/bike/auto insurance. I currently have State Farm, as they have been great on the bike rates.

For those of you that carry non State Farm ins on your home/auto/bikes, what company are you using?

TIA

BrokenWire2086
July 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I just switched away from Progressive for reasons that I won't publish publicly. I have not had a need to use Geico insurance but from a premium comparison and ease of use on the internet it seems to be a stable company and I have my hopes up.

jeff healy
July 27th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Here in MT Foremost is the cheapest and most reliable but I'm sure it varies from state to state!

vort3xr6
July 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have been with allstate for 4 years now. My agent Jim Krieg is awesome.

When my wife got in an accident, my agent scheduled the tow truck, called the other insurance company and got them to admit fault, and had a rental car delivered to my house. I was extremely impressed.

He also has 2 great older ladies working for him that help me find the best rate. They saved me almost 500 per year from my previous setup.

http://allstateagencies.com/JamesKrieg/Welcome

Edit, I have my home, auto, and motorcycle through them.

kamper11
July 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Ditto Brad - Allstate - Saved me a ton in motorcycle over Farmers/Foremost and the rates werent just 6 mos 'bait and switch". Auto slightly lower - and renters lower. I have also had a couple claims with my truck - - hail, and hit/run in parking lot - never an issue to get great service and fix to my standards - not theirs!!

Since he's already provided a contact - I won't add one...

DOUBLE A
July 27th, 2011, 08:57 AM
15 minutes could save you 15% or more!

Munch
July 27th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks, I'll give Allstate, Geico, Foremost and American Family a shot, see where it takes me :)

TransNone13
July 28th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I want to insure my race bike for theft, anyone have ANY input? They won't insure it on auto because it's not street legal and they won't put it on my renter's insurance as a rider because it's a motorized vehicle...

benfoxmra95
July 28th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Foremost has trackday insurance for bikes. And really good rates on motorcycles. Check them out before making a decision.