PDA

View Full Version : Who is racing a 04-07 CBR1000RR?

spideyrdr
July 20th, 2011, 09:15 PM
My street ride right now is an 06 CBR1000RR and I was wondering who is racing that pseudo-generation in the MRA (04-07 is a pretty close breed). I have no plans to convert 'Venom' into a race bike, but am looking for riders who have just in case.

Thanks,
Jamie

TransNone13
July 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Uh oh, you're itching to upgrade aren't you?

Kyle

Bartman
July 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
I have built 2 of that gen CBR and know how to make them effin rock.

spideyrdr
July 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Uh oh, you're itching to upgrade aren't you?

Kyle

No itching, more thinking about who is out there on one! :)

You could probably make a Vespa rock!

Bartman
July 22nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
I have built a couple of super Zumas but no vespas.

Clarkie
July 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM

"like" Bart knows how to make the Honda's rip! 8)

Bartman
July 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM

"like" Bart knows how to make the Honda's rip! 8)
Bite me Clunkie, you used to be a proper Suzi man. :lol:

Clarkie
July 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
LOL I am serious, if I had I Honda you would be the only guy in Colorado I would take it to so it was done right the first time 8) Suzuki's are so 2008, especially since they went backwards in 09 with their 'short stroke' motor that doesnt work.

KFinn
July 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Oh.... I read it as sarcasm too... Didn't read it like Facebook that you were "like"ing the post and then giving a proper complement.
Haha... thats funny though.

Clarkie
July 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM
You guys wil catch up to the rest of the world and figure out sarcasm from compliments soon, or maybe you wont :lol:

Bartman
July 25th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Highly unlikely Clunkie, we don't learn real fast over here I mean for shit sake we still are the only country that does not use metric(well that matters anyway). Hell Harley only discovered aluminum like last year or something, good thing I know you and how dry you can be sometimes and had some access to other interesting characters from over the pond to see some of the differences.

Clarkie
July 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah I have finally acepted the US way of measure things (with string and rocks) and a mate of mine in Aussie sent me some dimensions on something I am building in "mm" :shock:

I couldnt figure them out until I remembered to count to 100. 1 small, 100 not so small, sort of like 0' cold and 100' not as cold.......yeah it will never catch on :lol:

spideyrdr
July 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Oh come on, it's easy to remember what measurements are here in the US.

For example:
What's freezing? 32*F. Everyone knows that. And the boiling point of water? Why that's the opposite of freeze.... how do you get to the opposite? You turn 180*. So boiling is 180* away from 32*, 32+180 = 212*F.

An inch in French is a "pouce" which is the same as "thumb", so an inch is about the width of your thumb.

So, as long as you understand some geometry AND you speak some French, our 'crazy' units here in America make TOTAL sense!

Clarkie
July 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
LOL my point exactly :D

Ever wonder why the temp on most KIT ECU's is in Celcius? I had mine in Kelvin just to mess with Bart :wink: SAE, STD, DIN, EEC, JIS the conspiracy continues!