PDA

View Full Version : Transponder/Generator/Trailer/Canopy

Tucky
July 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I need a transponder for HPR! Lemme know whatcha got and whatcha want for it. Thanks! Also need all that other stuff. Lemme know if you got any of it (and if not, a brand to go/not go with on the canopy.)

Shaun

JimWilson29
July 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Word of advice if you are buying a transponder: you need to be pro-active with your search. They sell within a few minutes of being posted so sellers generally will not be looking at wanted posts. Your best bet is to troll the WERA classifieds all day and when one is posted you need to jump on it - http://weraclassifieds.com/

Tucky
July 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I've been tryin! I've responded to posts 2 hours after they are up and boom already negotiated, paid for, shipped, and tracking numbers emailed by the time I get to 'em.

graphite675
July 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Jim is right, you really have to search hard. I got lucky and found one on craigslist in Florida and got the guy to ship it. I searched everyday (multiple times a day) for 2 weeks before I got one.
Put this in google search and it will look at all craigslist ads, not just local.

site:craigslist.org amb 260
or
site:craigslist.org amb transponder ..... (when using this search make sure it's the right model)

Here is one I found but it's from June?

http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/pts/2433821339.html

Also there are several on eBay right now but I think I contacted this guy (he's in Georgia) and none of his have chargers so make sure you ask when buying a rechargeable what comes with it before you buy.

Good luck,

Bartman
July 18th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I need a transponder for HPR! Lemme know whatcha got and whatcha want for it. Thanks! Also need all that other stuff. Lemme know if you got any of it (and if not, a brand to go/not go with on the canopy.)

Shaun
With only 4 races to go and 3 of them being HPR rent a carport and share with some folks, that solves all you problems other than transpo and transponder, not having to worry about wind or weather of anykind and not having a loud ass genny is worth every penny the CPs charge.

Tucky
July 18th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I can understand that, but I plan on doing this for quite some time to come, so I figure might as well get set up now for the future. Four races is still half the season. 8)

cosp600rr
July 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
PM sent on transponder and generator.