PDA

View Full Version : Who's painting bikes these days?

rforsythe
July 16th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Just what it says... Looking for base/clear coat and some detail work with an airbrush (not necessarily from the same source, but that would be most ideal since the clear has to go on last of course).

lars
July 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I know steve at Mad-Moto has a painter and an air brush guy, i had paint done but no air brushing. good luck!

Samson
July 17th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Come on down to Mad-Moto this week or call the shop and get in touch with Steve. Like Lars said, he knows guys that can paint and airbrush, and uses them for his custom bikes and racers' bikes.

MAD-MOTO
4796 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
Shop Line: 303-795-3474

DingleBerns
July 18th, 2011, 10:47 AM
My dad, Dave, at PV Motorsports can't do the job. 7 two zero 2 eight 0 3 six one 3

JohnGarc
July 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Get a bunch of spray cans and do it yourself! And be creative. Spend your money on other things.. The way i see it is your bike (mine included) will someday be trashed in turn ? Someday? Id rather spend my cash on a nice streetbike paintjob cause at least its insured? Just my .02 cents worth.

phildrummond
July 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I found Jim, works at Maaco and did mine in his garage for $450 and it included patching the holes I got from Pueblo. It was for 8 pieces total and I did the number plate myself after. I don't know if he does air brushing but he does pretty good paint work for cheap. It's a compromise between $100 worth of rattle cans and $1000 custom job.

I have his phone and before and after pics I can email you if you PM me. Jim is near Stapleton in Denver around 13th and Yosemite.

jrthomas646
July 26th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Dave at PV Motorsports. He painted the bodywork on my white R6 and it matched the factory paint on the tank exactly. He also had to paint a new tail section for me after I replaced it from a crash last season. He's a perfectionist and does great work!

racer96
July 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Ralph, my buddy is the one who painted the r1 last year and the superbike this year. He did my scooter too. (hot pink flames with skulls airbrushed)
He is priced cheap and does great work. Let me know and I can hook you up with his contact info
Zach

CaneZach
July 27th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Ralph, my buddy is the one who painted the r1 last year and the superbike this year. He did my scooter too. (hot pink flames with skulls airbrushed)
He is priced cheap and does great work. Let me know and I can hook you up with his contact info
Zach

And a badass scooter it is!