PDA

View Full Version : 2011 4 Hour Endurance FAQ

rybo
July 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM
If you picked up a copy of this at the General please note the change regarding pit lane speed limit.

Otherwise please read this for information about the 4-hour endurance race scheduled for the end of this month!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011_MRA_4-hour2.0.pdf
Now uploaded! and updated 7/25/11

Team Registration Form!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011_4-Hour_Endurance_Team_Regisration.pdf

KFinn
July 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
In the hot pit lane... where the 1 bike is, can we have an easy up hugging the wall?

Can we have a 2nd easy up between wall and fence in the rocks off of the hot pit for the crew and resting rider?

random hero
July 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Is the "baton" referring to a transponder, or will the separate riders be able to use their own transponders during the race?

rybo
July 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Kevin,

Last year the EZ ups were only allowed behind the wall. The over the wall area is part of the racetrack, so we're going to minimize the amount of "stuff" that's out there.

Scott

rybo
July 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Is the "baton" referring to a transponder, or will the separate riders be able to use their own transponders during the race?

Luke,

We're still working out the details on this one. Last year we used a single transponder for the whole team. Chris Dale (king of transpoders) is looking at all of the options for this year. As soon as we know what it's going to be I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Scott

KFinn
July 14th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Ok, another newb question..... If you have 3 or 4 on a team and you can only have 1 bike on track and 1 on hot pit. How do you get a fresh bike in hot pit from the cold pits? Do we use the emergency entrance that is typically taboo for us to enter hot pit?

rybo
July 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Great question Kevin -

That is what we did last year and it seemed to work well. Most teams just moved their bikes and then put them on warmers on the hot pit with a small generator.

s

Blue Junk
July 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
It says there is a pit speed limit this year. Do you guys know what it will be?

rybo
July 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Kory,

Not sure yet - Ray is going to set that up and we'll announce it along with some of the other minor details on the forums as soon as we know.

Thanks

Scott

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
We're still working out the details on this one. Last year we used a single transponder for the whole team. Chris Dale (king of transpoders) is looking at all of the options for this year. As soon as we know what it's going to be I'll be sure to let everyone know.

For those of us on a team using a single bike, can we request that the "baton" be something we don't have to mess with.

Single bike teams and the solo riders will have complicated pit stops with refueling so more complication will add more of a penalty.

I would hope a single transponder would at least be an option.

random hero
July 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Rybo,
Have a buddy coming in from Oklahoma, he did the school @ the first of the year but didn't purchase his license. What does the 1 weekend license cost, and does he fill out the same application that's located on the "MRA Forms" page? Should he mail it in, being the event is 2 weeks away, fax it, or just take care of it that Friday?

rybo
July 15th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Luke,

With the transition to the 501C7 we no longer are allowed to have a "day" license or "weekend license". As such, in his case we will permit him to race by having an associate membership and proving his credentials for racing. If he took our race school then we have documentation of it.

Please have him print out and send the membership application to me and check the "associate member" box.

Please make sure that he fills out the medical info page and the release as well.

Thank you!

KFinn
July 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hi, I saw this in the attached PDF but wasn't sure if we have a target date as to when it will be visible online to add to our pre entry.

Entry for 2011 will be handled online through the online pre-entry system. The pricing will be edited for
this one time event. Cost per rider in 2011 is $75. Riders competing in multiple endurance classes will
need to enter for both races as usual, however there will be no additional charge for the second class.
Coming soon to an online forum near you will be the team entry forms which can be filled out in advance.

My other question is can we pay now online for our 4 regular races, then pay again online for round 5 for the 4 hr later? Or once we pay for that round we are locked out from adding?

lars
July 19th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I am running my 250 in the 4 hour endurance race, do i sign up for "Solo Endurance Lightweight" or the "solo endurance open" or are we waiting for another tab to be created?
thanks!

TRK
July 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM

COS Mille
July 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
speaking of points. How will 4 Hr. endurance points be scored for the season standings in our normal class?

jplracing
July 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Last year we had a qualifying session to determine starting position. Are we doing this again this year?

JimWilson29
July 20th, 2011, 08:34 AM
speaking of points. How will 4 Hr. endurance points be scored for the season standings in our normal class?

36 points

Last year we had a qualifying session to determine starting position. Are we doing this again this year?

Yes

T Baggins
July 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hi, I saw this in the attached PDF but wasn't sure if we have a target date as to when it will be visible online to add to our pre entry.

Entry for 2011 will be handled online through the online pre-entry system. The pricing will be edited for
this one time event. Cost per rider in 2011 is $75. Riders competing in multiple endurance classes will
need to enter for both races as usual, however there will be no additional charge for the second class.
Coming soon to an online forum near you will be the team entry forms which can be filled out in advance.

My other question is can we pay now online for our 4 regular races, then pay again online for round 5 for the 4 hr later? Or once we pay for that round we are locked out from adding?

You can add or subtract and pay for any classes up to the point that online entry closes. If you add you have to go in and pay for those even if you've already paid for the usual classes previously.

lars
July 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Forgive my ignorance but i still have no clue as to what race to sign up for.
i assume i am signing up for the "solo" endurance race, but for the 250 class do i sign up for lightweight, open, etc....
i dont care about points as i miss far to many races during the season due to work, i just want to sign up appropriately.
thank you

Bartman
July 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM
If you are doing solo then yes sign up for solo, the 2friskies would be in lightweight.

lars
July 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM
If you are doing solo then yes sign up for solo, the 2friskies would be in lightweight.
Much appreciated!

random hero
July 20th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I hate to be the ass who asks 40000 questions. How does this work registering?? Do we just register online like we would for any other weekend? Where do we register our team, and the name which is so important in an event like this.... :lol:

Again, sorry for so many questions... just trying to get things straightened out :)

Ray-Ray
July 21st, 2011, 06:20 AM
I hate to be the ass who asks 40000 questions. How does this work registering?? Do we just register online like we would for any other weekend? Where do we register our team, and the name which is so important in an event like this.... :lol:

Again, sorry for so many questions... just trying to get things straightened out :)

Luke,

Just register online like you normally do. You will be charged $75. We will have forms for you to fill out Saturday morning for team information.

Hope that helps...

Ray-Ray

graphite675
July 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
What is the raceday schedule for round 5? Any changes to the day other then dropping the SS class and adding the 4 hour? Will all the other practices and classes run as normal?

JimWilson29
July 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
What is the raceday schedule for round 5? Any changes to the day other then dropping the SS class and adding the 4 hour? Will all the other practices and classes run as normal?

We are still in the process of finalizing Saturday's schedule. All practices and classes will run however they may be shortened to accommodate the endurance race.

JimWilson29
July 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=45394

The GECCO
July 23rd, 2011, 05:23 PM

We are still in the process of finalizing Saturday's schedule. All practices and classes will run however they may be shortened to accommodate the endurance race.

Is this schedule going to be released any time soon??

marty
July 24th, 2011, 02:48 AM
any chance we could have bob wave the green flag at the top of each hour? i wont have much of a pit crew and it is hard to read a watch or rely on a lap timer for deciding fuel stops

polar x
July 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
any chance we could have bob wave the green flag at the top of each hour? i wont have much of a pit crew and it is hard to read a watch or rely on a lap timer for deciding fuel stops

Hey Marty, pit with us and we will help take care of your times. We dont mind, besides you will keep the mosquitoes away.. 8) 8) I assume you are doing it solo? If so, we will make sure your aware of your fuel stop times. :wink:

The GECCO
July 24th, 2011, 11:17 AM

Just keep going till you run out of fuel, then put more in. It's pretty simple... :shock:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
For team riders there will be a “baton” of some sort to pass off
between members of the team. The baton MUST be with the bike on track in
order for the scoring to count.

Any update on this?

BTW, LOL on Gecco's post!

rforsythe
July 24th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Just keep going till you run out of fuel, then put more in. It's pretty simple... :shock:

Just keep your fuel can on the ATV trailer. Then you don't even have to pit!

JimWilson29
July 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Is this schedule going to be released any time soon??

Yes we will post it soon. :)

Any update on this?

Each rider will use their own transponder. The "baton" has not been determined as of yet.

The GECCO
July 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Each rider will use their own transponder. The "baton" has not been determined as of yet.

Ummm.....exactly how is this possible? How can you score a team if everyone uses their own transponder? This is a scoring nightmare waiting to happen. The transponder IS the baton.

JimWilson29
July 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Ummm.....exactly how is this possible? How can you score a team if everyone uses their own transponder? This is a scoring nightmare waiting to happen. The transponder IS the baton.

According to Chris Dale, it is much easier to score if each rider uses their own transponder and it will alleviate the 3 hours it took Jen to compile the results last year.

Also, Ray-Ray will be posting the Saturday's schedule today.

The GECCO
July 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM

According to Chris Dale, it is much easier to score if each rider uses their own transponder and it will alleviate the 3 hours it took Jen to compile the results last year.

Frankly, I don't see how that's possible, it simply defies logic.

T Baggins
July 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM

Frankly, I don't see how that's possible, it simply defies logic.

Gecco - you can assign multiple transponders to ONE team. That way we can uniquely identify ALL riders who participate by simply looking at the transponder list - that way it is very easy to give them each "participation points".

That said, last "I" heard - we were gonna use just ONE transponder, and let "it" be the baton.

hcr25
July 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM
If each rider uses their own transponder, how will position updates be given?
After the first rider switch are the lap times then going to be added together each time a new rider goes out?
If this is truly the easiest way to score, why are not WERA and the CMRA doing this?

JimWilson29
July 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I'll defer the transponder and scoring plan to Tony. I was going off the latest post in the board forum regarding what the plan was for transponders and scoring. Sorry I jumped the gun...just trying to get some information out to you guys.

T Baggins
July 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM
OK - PLEASE LET'S JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE TRANSPONDER AND SCORING ISSUE.

The actual logistics of timing and scoring are:

1) Not important to the racers, provided we score you accurately.

2) Not up for debate, so any discussion regarding it is a simple waste of cyberspace.

We will let everyone know, in plenty of time (even if it's at the riders meeting on Saturday) what the plan is. EVERYONE should have their transponders charged for the weekend anyway - so really what's the fuss?

Chris Dale is our Timing and Scoring Manager. HE has the greatest knowledge of the AMBit System, and HE and JEN are the ones who have to make sense of all of this.

So WE will do it any way THEY tell us to - and we will like it. :shock: :lol:

polar x
July 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM
OK - PLEASE LET'S JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE TRANSPONDER AND SCORING ISSUE.

The actual logistics of timing and scoring are:

1) Not important to the racers, provided we score you accurately.

2) Not up for debate, so any discussion regarding it is a simple waste of cyberspace.

We will let everyone know, in plenty of time (even if it's at the riders meeting on Saturday) what the plan is. EVERYONE should have their transponders charged for the weekend anyway - so really what's the fuss?

Chris Dale is our Timing and Scoring Manager. HE has the greatest knowledge of the AMBit System, and HE and JEN are the ones who have to make sense of all of this.

So WE will do it any way THEY tell us to - and we will like it. :shock: :lol:

Tony...not to be a pain in the ass, or challenge your authoritaa....but if you are using a transponder as the baton then that means moving it from one mount to a nother on the different bike..right? the reason some of us need to know what the hell the gig will be, is because there are new and old style sponders out there and they each use a different mount. if you dont have the new style mount or the old for extras or the team each has both sets....well you see the issue by now...i hope. :shock: WE needs time to make sure we have the right mounts for the bikes.

T Baggins
July 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )

My rant was more referring to the "which is the best way to score it" debate.

I will get confirmation TODAY about the transponders so you kids can be prepared with the proper hardware.

jeff healy
July 25th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I have the universal mount that works for all makes and models and carry it with me to every race..... duct tape and zip ties :) :)

T Baggins
July 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
There will be:

ONE TRANSPONDER PER TEAM

It, in essence, will be "the baton" which you will pass from rider to rider.

THE TEAM CAPTAIN'S TRANSPONDER WILL BE THE ONE YOU USE FOR THE EVENT

There will be a place to indicate the team captain and their transponder number on the team entry form.

And now you know... :wink:

spideyrdr
July 25th, 2011, 01:11 PM
A question to clarify the scoring:

Do all riders who participate get 36 pts regardless of finishing position?

JimWilson29
July 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM
A question to clarify the scoring:

Do all riders who participate get 36 pts regardless of finishing position?

Yes that is correct.

rybo
July 25th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Team form now included with the first post -

FAQ v2.0 now in the first post

-scoring added
-transponder info added
-team purse payout information added
-team registration information added

Scott

polar x
July 25th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )

I am SSSOOOoooo GOING to FRAME THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Thank you sir for the info.. :wink:

WingsKC
July 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Had a look thru the rulebook and didn't find any specific info regarding slicks in the endurance race. Are slicks allowed? Thanks in advance

JimWilson29
July 25th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Had a look thru the rulebook and didn't find any specific info regarding slicks in the endurance race. Are slicks allowed? Thanks in advance

Yes slicks are allowed. No restrictions on bikes, run what ya brung.

WingsKC
July 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks for info uglydog. A few of us from KC are coming out to HPR for the 1st time. Wondering how abrasive the track surface is? Would an endurance compound survive 4 hours on a 1K? Any info is appreciated.

JimWilson29
July 25th, 2011, 03:44 PM

Thanks for info uglydog. A few of us from KC are coming out to HPR for the 1st time. Wondering how abrasive the track surface is? Would an endurance compound survive 4 hours on a 1K? Any info is appreciated.

It is an abrasive surface. My personal experience is that a harder compound that has heat cycled a few times seems to work well on my 1k. What brand do you run? I can get you in touch with the local vendor here and they should be able to help you out more.

WingsKC
July 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM
It is an abrasive surface. My personal experience is that a harder compound that has heat cycled a few times seems to work well on my 1k. What brand do you run? I can get you in touch with the local vendor here and they should be able to help you out more.

Pirelli or Continental. I sure appreciate the help.

JimWilson29
July 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM

Pirelli or Continental. I sure appreciate the help.

Continental is handled by Mike Applehans with Hardcore Racing - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12898

Pirelli is handled by Kory Cowan with Intermountain Racer Supply - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13302

You will find contact information for both in those posts.

Snowman
July 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Is there a reason the website won't let me pay? Al the options on the pay page is greyed out. I'm all for a free ride?

Blue Junk
July 25th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Pirelli is handled by Kory Cowan with Intermountain Racer Supply - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13302

You will find contact information for both in those posts.

Thanks Jim!

As stated we are the local Pirelli tire vendor for the MRA. We will be at the track Friday morning, and have a huge selection of tires on hand. Feel free to come by and say 'HI'. We will be more than willing to help you out with tire and compound selections for the endurance and sprint races.

:D

rybo
July 26th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Is there a reason the website won't let me pay? Al the options on the pay page is greyed out. I'm all for a free ride?

Randall,

Not sure what's up, but I've tested it and it works for me.

The name and everything is highlighted in grey, but I can fill in the fields.

Will post in the admin forum and see if we can get you some assistance that way.

Scott

T Baggins
July 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM

Randall, you're not signed up for any races. That's why you can't pay.

Call me and I'll walk you thru it.

Tony

303-333-4411

nobasin
July 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
so i recall reading that each team will have a spot on the hot pit lane (assuming big enough for one canopy), but i'm wondering, with upwards of 30 teams last year, how is that going to work? will spots be marked and each team has a designated spot or is it first come first serve? can we set up on the hot pit lane on friday while we practice? is there room for all the teams? just curious about the logistics of all that.

also, on the team form, does rider #1 have to be the first rider out and do we have to keep our rider order on that list or is that just for record keeping purposes? with a 3 man team, we may want to mix things up a bit depending on people's level of exhaustion, hydration, air temp, bike issues etc. i'll assume anybody can go out at anytime as long as they have the captain's transponder, right?

mike-

rybo
July 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Mike

You won't be able to set up hot pit during the Friday sessions. At some point on Saturday we'll be announcing that hot pit is open for set up (probably during lunch)

There will be designated, but not assigned spots. What I mean by this is there will be 10' long sections marked off either on the wall or the pavement for teams to set up in. The hot pit area (over the wall) cannot have a canopy on it, but one can be placed behind the wall.

You can run the race in any order you like. We will not be monitoring who is on the bike or for what duration. It is important that each team member have their helmet clearly marked with their OWN rider number in case of an accident so that the ambulance crew knows who they are working on since they may be riding someone elses bike. Please make sure your team knows this and abides by it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to racing with you!

Scott

rybo
July 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Please follow the link:

Have a member of your team fill it out and send it it. This will make Saturday morning MUCH less painful for our esteemed timing and scoring staff and easier on you too!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011_4-Hour_Endurance_Team_Regisration.pdf

phildrummond
July 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Did I miss the pit speed limit posted somewhere? I read that there would be one, but didn't see the number.

Ray-Ray
July 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Did I miss the pit speed limit posted somewhere? I read that there would be one, but didn't see the number.

40MPH :roll:

phildrummond
July 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Sweet, my average lap pace so I'll just keep it pinned in the pits.