PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Novice GTU Meatball start video

KFinn
July 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
So.... I know its way past the 30 min window to protest. I also am not sure what value a protest would have been on this incident had I seen the video in time. So just for fun I had to post up.

I know that this is solely a visual call made by the corner crew and likely by a few of them in agreement before making it official to hold up the meatball... I do appreciate what you do and am not harping on you to be a jerk...

Just pointing out that it looks like a damned near perfect launch but yet I was penalized and possibly lost a podium/contingency $$ to it. :-( What is done is done and now I am just that more 'determined' to make up those points in all the coming rounds by being all I can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRsI6g0bko

I love all that you do for us corner crew and start/finish.

Munch
July 12th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Cheater!

;)

Looked good to me.

Bartman
July 12th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Looked like a good launch to me but it is a deal that is not fixable at this point and sometimes we are wrong and all we can do is say we will try harder.
Sooner or later we all get hit by a bad call and that is just the way it is sometimes. It would not be a bad idea to have video of the launch but to be honest we have enough to keep track of now that it would be very hard to implement well.

spideyrdr
July 12th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Looks like a really close start - even watching from the tower I thought it might have been a perfectly timed start. Sucks you got the short end of the call, but congrats for making it back to finish 4th!

Mforza
July 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Good launch man! Next time wait longer that you avoid another meatball :D :D
or even better, wait untill you see me going by :D :D

KFinn
July 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
but it is a deal that is not fixable at this point

Yup! I knew that. It was not my intention to have anything 'fixed'.

and sometimes we are wrong and all we can do is say we will try harder.Yes, sometimes we all are wrong, not just crew or board members, we are all human and make mistakes. And you know.... I am sure one day I will meatball and it will be my mistake! Not my intention to call anyone out. It was more for me to clear my own conscience.

Sooner or later we all get hit by a bad call and that is just the way it is sometimes. It would not be a bad idea to have video of the launch but to be honest we have enough to keep track of now that it would be very hard to implement well.I know we all get hit with it. I did what I could, I manned up and tried to get it back on the track rather than crying about it in the office. :-)

And I know for sure the crew has enough to deal with. I love ya all.