PDA

View Full Version : Sport Rider article on the 1198, ZX10-R, and S1000RR

Clarkie
July 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM
All bikes were bone stock, so nothing like some of the race bikes in the MRA ROR class, but good info for us mere mortals.
================================
This caught my eye - "While the BMW’s traction control system slows the bike down and hurts lap times" now Sexy Ben may have info on these systems as he has used a non-BMW system and now they have gone back to a BMW system.

Just one piece of the article that that stood out for me in the article found at http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_1107_2011_literbike_comparison_test_bmw_s_1000 _rr_kawasaki_zx_10r_vs_ducati_1198/index.html

Other things;

The Ducati 1198 is not radically changed for 2011, but now features more of the company’s electronic aids and is the dark (red) horse in this comparison test

While the BMW seems to practically beat the track into submission, the Kawasaki is more refined and subtle in practically every aspect, making its speed on the track very deceptive.

The Kawi is probably the most fun to ride, because everything it does is so fluid. All the corners seemed to be tied together by one smooth flowing motion

Credit the ZX-10R’s more advanced traction control for this; the system does not upset the chassis at all, and puts just as much horsepower to the ground as the BMW on corner exits. While the BMW’s traction control system slows the bike down and hurts lap times, Bradley posted his best lap time on the Kawasaski with its TC on level two of four.

The Kawi felt like you were going at a good clip, but the BMW felt like you were setting the world on fire

The BMW’s traction control system is a step inferior to the Kawasaki’s more refined setup, unsettling the chassis in corners

The Beemer could literally do no wrong on the track
=================================
Yet that old fart Turpin keeps cleaning up on his Boulder Motorsports Ducati 8)

The GECCO
July 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yet that old fart Turpin keeps cleaning up on his Boulder Motorsports Ducati 8)
Old age and willfullness will beat youth and skill (and apparently electronics as well) every time!

benfoxmra95
July 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I cannot say much at all for various reasons which im sure you understand but:

I can say that The BMW "kit" tc system is very good, extremely good, when tuned properly using the kit ecu and dash from germany it uses a lean angle sensor, the bmw is fly wire wire throttle, so tc is done by closing of the throttles and not dropping out cylinders. so power delivery is very smooth feeling.

the "stock" bmw system which comes on the showroom bikes is ok but we shut it completely off when we were testing last year when we first got the bikes and had no other electronics options at that time.

Chadwick929
July 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM

I can say that The BMW "kit" tc system is very good, extremely good, when tuned properly using the kit ecu and dash from germany it uses a lean angle sensor, the bmw is fly wire wire throttle, so tc is done by closing of the throttles and not dropping out cylinders. so power delivery is very smooth feeling.

the "stock" bmw system which comes on the showroom bikes is ok but we shut it completely off when we were testing last year when we first got the bikes and had no other electronics options at that time.
During the first Superbike race this weekend on Speed, the announcers were saying that Larry switch back to the stock TC? Did I hear that right? I usually don't pay attention to the announcers on Speed for the AMA races. :lol:

motolitho
July 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I heard the same thing... ?

DOUBLE A
July 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM

During the first Superbike race this weekend on Speed, the announcers were saying that Larry switch back to the stock TC? Did I hear that right? I usually don't pay attention to the announcers on Speed for the AMA races. :lol:

LOL count how many times Russel says "he's hungry"! lol

Chadwick929
July 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM

LOL count how many times Russel says "he's hungry"! lol
Most of the riders are so skinny, that he thinks they need a burger.

Clarkie
July 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I cannot say much at all for various reasons Whimp :lol: