PDA

View Full Version : Some shadyness @ Pueblo

random hero
July 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Not trying to make a big deal out of anything, but figured others might have been affected and thought it probably affected MRA's pocket.

Yesterday my girlfriend and her family came to watch the races, they showed up about 1030. I had the tickets we got @ the first of the season for free admission in my truck, inside the gates.... she called me a few times, but I was on track so the guy at the gate tells her to just pay them and then bring the tickets back during lunch break and he'll refund their money..... no big deal right.

Well lunch time comes, and they head out to eat. They stop @ the ticket booth at the gate and speak to the same guy, and attempt to give him the tickets in exchange for their $40. For some reason now they can't get their money back.... that's when another man @ the ticket booth gets a bit rude and tells them from a distance "You can't get your money back"..... When questioned why, the original guy doesn't know, and she said he seemed embarrassed... this other guy begins to give reasons why. He first tells them her sister and a family friend have the wrong color wrist band, eluding the fact they didn't get the wrist band there, even though the other guy vouches for them and explains he gave the wrong bands to some people..... they call BS, and then are told "You should have come by earlier, the cash register is closed now"... all the while cars are paying and coming in....... Dumbfounded, the girls give up, and then are told "It's not like you can't use those tickets at the other rounds, now move along your holding up traffic"

Now, this is NOT about the $40, it's about the principle and the fact if the MRA gets a cut of the entry fee's we're getting ripped off, at least once and I would guess this isn't an isolated incident. Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, just wanted to share our experience.

I will say I enjoyed pueblo, and had a great time this weekend racing... see you guys in a few weeks!

cromer611
July 10th, 2011, 12:17 PM
yeesh! : (

racedk6
July 10th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I would have hit that MF'r in the face.

JimWilson29
July 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Luke why didnt you bring this to the attention of one of the MRA board members this weekend?

random hero
July 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Luke why didnt you bring this to the attention of one of the MRA board members this weekend?

Didn't know about it until 1230 last night when I got in bed... I spoke w/Rybo, and will go from there.

T Baggins
July 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Typically when a rider or crew has to pay at the gate ('cause their pass is "in the track" or whatever) just bring it to Lisa's attention and she can refund the money.

100% of the gate proceeds goes to the MRA - we don't get a cut, we get all of it.

The gate crew IS NOT authorized to let anyone in without either paying, having a license, crew pass, or entry ticket. Additionally, they are not authorized to issue refunds - that's our policy. Whether or not they handled the situation appropriately or not seems to be the bigger issue.

We'll make contact with them prior to the next round to ensure that something like this doesn't happen in the future. Thanks for letting us know! :D