PDA

View Full Version : 9/5/11 - Chicane Trackdays at HPR!

rybo
July 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
I'm pleased to announce that we've been able to schedule another day at HPR for 2011!

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

Chicane and Boulder Motorsports present a holiday weekend trackday at Colorado's fantastic High Plains Raceway! Join us for a fun filled, safe and structured day of high speed enjoyment!

Sign up before 8/1/2011 and Chicane will donate $25.00 of your entry fee to whatever cause is set up for the daughter of fallen CSC rider, Dave.

As usual there will be instructors on hand to help you expand your riding potential and a very limited number of "never ever" spots are available. All sessions and the intro course still have space available. Boulder Motorsports will be providing lunch for registered participants!

We have an outstanding day planned! Looking forward to seeing you there!

rybo
August 29th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Can you ever get enough of going to the racetrack?

I know that I can't! After a great race weekend at HPR come out, get a little additional practice, and have some fun with us!

In addition to the great day we have planned on the track we have some awesome door prizes to give away at the event!

STM Suspension
ATS Diesel
Boulder Motorsports
Honey Stinger Energy foods
and more will be giving away door prizes at this event!

Pre-registration is open until Saturday afternoon, please join us for a fun filled day!

http://chicanetrackdays.com/register.html

Yeeker
August 30th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Awesome. I need some practice and to get my suspension set up.

jeff healy
August 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
aw crap! Both of you are gonna get practice and I'm not!? Guess I better get there somehow!!!

rybo
August 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Jeff,

If you make it I'll give you $16.63 off of your entry fee, as long as you pay with exact change.

s

Yeeker
August 30th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Jeff, do eet. And show me how to get that podium-finishing pace

jeff healy
August 30th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Rybo just so happens that I have exact change in the trailer :) I better take the deal now as I don't think Ill have it for long! Nice 1:56 Sir!!

High Roller
August 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Rybo,

I'm interested. This is bascially just a normal track day with detailed instruction as I take it. How exactly does that work? Are people broken up into group with instructors depending on experience or pace? Is there some time for free lapping sessions? How many entries are allowed? What's for lunch? :) ha! Let me know I'd love to get out to HPR.

Louis

rybo
August 30th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Louis,

It's more of a structured trackday with some instruction.

We break the day into three sessions

beginner
intermediate
advanced

and then have instructors / control riders available throughout the day.

I try to keep the morning instructional sessions to those folks who have never been to a racetrack before. We teach them how to be great trackday citizens and improve their riding skills.

Most of the instruction (especially in the morning) takes place in the beginner session. The intermediate and advanced riders have open riding.

You can register by following this link:

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

Boulder Motorsports provides lunch, we usually get big sandwiches that are cut up into segments for everyone to enjoy.

Hope you can make it!

Scott

giovannir6
August 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Just my $.02 but Chicane trackdays are always done very well and a blast! Lunch is a sweet bonus and there's plenty of track time. Jason Pridmore was nice enough to blow past me at the last one.

rybo
September 2nd, 2011, 07:33 AM
Just my $.02 but Chicane trackdays are always done very well and a blast! Lunch is a sweet bonus and there's plenty of track time. Jason Pridmore was nice enough to blow past me at the last one.

Gio -

You coming?

Scott

rybo
September 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Great news! I have a long list of door prizes that we'll be giving away during the day - if you didn't have enough reason to sign up before - well, I'm not sure that I can do any more:

1) Boulder Motorsports is giving away

a) A dyno run at their shop for any bike
b) A ducati oil change for your prized italian machine

2) STM Suspension is giving away a complete valve and spring set-up for the forks on your bike - we're not just talking tuning here, we're talking high end parts professionally installed and set up for you!

3) ATS Diesel is giving away two prizes for you diesel truck owners!

each prize is your choice of

a) An engine service to include oil change and other routine maintenance
b) or a transmission service to include a fluid change

4) On the Marc Photography is giving away a photo CD of your pictures from the day's events. If you've never seen Mark and Chadwick's work, you've been missing out on some of the finest motorcycle action shots available anywhere!

5) Sol Performance is giving away a set of Dunlop Q2 Street tires to fit your motorcycle. Oscar has been making a big impression in the MRA paddock and is looking to do the same with Chicane at this trackday event.

6) Last but not least, one trackday participant who signed up early (before Aug 1) will be getting a full refund for their day as a special 'thank you' from me for registering early.

Join us, you'll have the most fun you've ever had while wearing leather, and you might get lucky too!

Scott

High Roller
September 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Scott,

I'd love to Join. What are the exact specifics (time i need to be there etc..)

Louis

DOUBLE A
September 6th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Amazing day! Thanks to the whole staff & sponsors I had a great time ! Now maybe we can entice the photographers to race to see who can post pics first ! Hahaha

Bueller999
September 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Amazing day! Thanks to the whole staff & sponsors I had a great time ! Now maybe we can entice the photographers to race to see who can post pics first ! Hahaha

Unfortunately the main guy (Marc) has been in the hospital for the last couple of days so it might be a while.

Chadwick929
September 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM
And we always put them up at the same time. But since he's in the hospital, I may end up keywording his shots too. Still not sure what's going on with it.

DOUBLE A
September 7th, 2011, 08:43 AM
WHAT HAPPENED!!!???

Chadwick929
September 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM
WHAT HAPPENED!!!???
Went down in 7. Went in a bit hot and decided to try and dirt track it to turn 9. Had 7 broken ribs, a broken spatula (scapula), and a collapsed lung. He'll be in the hospital for 4ish days.

DOUBLE A
September 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh man he was on two wheels when I left! Sorry to hear that, hope he gets better soon!