PDA

View Full Version : Important Pueblo Information! - READ THIS PLEASE!

T Baggins
June 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Important Pueblo Information!

As we approach Round 4 at Pueblo Motorsports Park here are several things you need to know:

1) MRA Race Entries for Pueblo

The pre-entries for Pueblo are appallingly low. Presently we have fewer than 60 racers signed up. At this point we are GUARANTEED to lose money at the event. How much we lose is up to the membership based on the total signups and event revenue. The financial loss from this event could set the tone for future events at Pueblo (and other tracks) as well as possible entry fee adjustments for the remainder of the season. Please, come out to Pueblo and show your support – not only for the MRA but for the Pueblo Motorsports Park as they prepare to embark on the most massive overhaul and improvement to ANY track in Colorado history.

2) Friday Track Day by Faasst Performance is in jeopardy! Here is the communication from Judy regarding the poor signup:

Hello all,

We have only 13 bikes pre-registered for the PMP Bike Lapping Day July 8. That obviously is not near enough to support the costs of the track rental, the insurance, and the ambulance.

We are one week from the event with a Holiday in the way. We will cancel the event if this does not change quickly. Entry deadline is Friday, July 1st!

Gates open at 7am. Hot at 8am. $120 all day, no half day. Sessions if needed.

Register and pay here: www.faasst.com/registration.html

If you choose to pay at the gate, register first and remember to bring exact change. We will NOT have change at the gate and we will NOT accept credit cards the day of the event.

If your intention is to attend this event, the ball is now in your court to make it happen.

Thanks!
Judy Faass

3) Friday Night Drags:

We MUST NOT, MUST NOT, MUST NOT park SOUTH of the playground / water area on Friday. If you park there during the day you will be forced to move. If you leave your vehicle and/or trailer in the afternoon IT WILL BE TOWED! Friday night drags is BIG this year, we need to give them room. They’ve paid to rent the track and they are kind enough to allow us to occupy the pits on Friday night. Let's be good neighbors.

The spectator attendance at Friday Night Drags has been enormous this year. Please remember that these are not “our typical” MRA spectators and so put your stuff away and manage your children and pets accordingly.

We are encouraging MRA Racers to enter the drag races so that the spectators might be more inclined to come out to our races that weekend. They are “bracket races” so all bikes, fast and slow, have equal opportunity to win!

So, hope to see you all at Pueblo and praying for a good turnout and profitable event!

glenngsxr
July 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM
I am willing to bet the demographics of the Friday night drag folks would be pretty similar to what our spectators would resemble. If they are garnering a huge audience, how can we leverage? Are they doing any marketing? We should beg the question and see if we can get those folks to return for Saturday/Sunday racing. Could someone hand out vouchers for weekend tickets to everyone at Friday night drags?

Glenn #62

JimWilson29
July 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
I am willing to bet the demographics of the Friday night drag folks would be pretty similar to what our spectators would resemble. If they are garnering a huge audience, how can we leverage? Are they doing any marketing? We should beg the question and see if we can get those folks to return for Saturday/Sunday racing. Could someone hand out vouchers for weekend tickets to everyone at Friday night drags?

Glenn #62

Pueblo is doing marketing and ABATE is helping out also. We plan on passing out 2 for 1 gate entries Friday night. Are you volunteering?

JWinter
July 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
If pre-entry doesn't improve...is there a chance of the weekend being cancelled?

oldtimer
July 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Good news, pre-entry has improved (but still low and we're going to take a hit financially)--the weekend will not be canceled. :D

We're going to Pueblo, last chance to ride on the bumpy version!!

Mforza
July 2nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
Great :) So how many pre-entries we have?
I know that John said he wil pay at the track as he can not do it now. So that's 1 extra racer :D

glenngsxr
July 5th, 2011, 07:52 AM

Glenn #62

Pueblo is doing marketing and ABATE is helping out also. We plan on passing out 2 for 1 gate entries Friday night. Are you volunteering?

Let me check with the wife. I have a wedding rehearsal to go to, but if I get out early enough, I could make it work.

T Baggins
July 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
fyi... ended up with 100 pre entries. hopefully walkups and superstreet will help fill the void... :)

phildrummond
July 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Tony- Can you refresh me on what approximate break-even is at each track? I.e., HPR is XXX racers, PMP is XXX racers, etc. Just curious.

T Baggins
July 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Tony- Can you refresh me on what approximate break-even is at each track? I.e., HPR is XXX racers, PMP is XXX racers, etc. Just curious.

In VERY ROUGH terms, and assuming no "weird stuff" it works out about like this:

HPR - 140

PPIR - 120

Pueblo - 110

acrovixen
July 5th, 2011, 11:19 PM
This makes me sad... I'd come ride with you guys any day if you weren't so far away (bit of a drive from Vegas). Sure miss the track and most of the peeps. Fingers crossed that I'll see some of you at STAR School in August... :wink:

Hope you get a great turnout and do more than break even. Ride safe!!

graphite675
July 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
What time do the gates open on Saturday morning?

Ray-Ray
July 6th, 2011, 10:48 AM
What time do the gates open on Saturday morning?

Our gate staff starts at 6AM. However, the gates are not closed I think PMI may have gate staff during the night.