PDA

View Full Version : Help with MRA connecting with military?

oldtimer
June 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
I attended the Aurora Chamber defense council meeting this morning and was able to connect with some military personnel regarding servicemen and women getting in free to MRA races.

Does anyone else have military connections where we could stand up in front of a group and promote the MRA? Let our troops know they get in free for the 2011 season?

TransNone13
June 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
This was exactly what I drafted in a Military Rider Provost MRA position and promoted through Casey last year. I wonder if he distributed it to the other members. I could probably organize something at a BN level after reintegration since we just got back. That's somewhere around 800 soldiers total, with a significant number of riders. At a minimum I could get members from my CO. JFYI, every BN has a military rider mentor, some companies have their own. So by regulation they have all the registered motorcycle owners' information etc. Unless he was fired, I also know the Fort Carson traffic saftey rep and MSF instructor. Again, he is required to interface with and train soldiers daily, almost year round. That right there is a gold mine for promotion. We also have mandatory deployment refresher courses. I have mine July 8th, chances are there are several hundred riders required to do this as well. I would be able to produce all the dates and times.

JimWilson29
June 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Casey did distribute your draft to the board. We appreciate your time putting that together. We have made contact with the MSF instructors and CO at Ft. Carson and hvae had to the opportunity to distribute our 2 for 1 flyers which state Military get in free and our Super Street flyers. We would appriciate any additional exposure at the bases you could provide when you return from deployment.

TransNone13
June 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
I got back yesterday and I picked the KTM up before I even showered lol. I have priorities lol. If there's anything special, all you would have to do is ask and I will organize it. My position during deployment and the shit show getting my decals last year put me in touch with a lot of players within MSF and my BN.

Again, the refresher course would be perfect for you. Lots of options.

d_mob
June 23rd, 2011, 02:53 PM
"picked up the KTM before I even showered"

Are you the guy that grabbed up the RC8 R race spec machine from Fay Myers?

I happened to be in there the other day drooling over it and the sales guy told me that a nice gentleman in the military would be picking it up soon when he got back.

If so, nice choice. If that bike rides like it looks, then it is sex on wheels.

And it should based on the specs: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2011/146_1102_ktm_announces_rc8r_race_spec/index.html

http://image.sportrider.com/f//bikes/2011/146_1102_ktm_announces_rc8r_race_spec/32040952+w800+h600+st0/146_1102+2011_ktm_rc8r_race_spec_15+.jpg

d_mob
June 23rd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Oh, and sorry to derail the thread.

Back to business --

TransNone13
June 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
That was me. It sounds like a beast and wants to just take off. I havent gone over 5k rpm because its just that loud, fast, and dont want to draw attention in my neighborhood. I couldnt resist testing it out. Will be at chicane baselining it. I actually ordered it in March.

They actually included the stock clutch and gaskets. It came with a head stop bumper (term?), but it restricted the turning way too much so I took it off after putting it on.

graphite675
June 23rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
I'm not active duty but do work for the AF at Peterson AFB. I might be able to find some contacts and Help get the word out. Can definitely speak to the squadron I work with. Maybe pass out some flyers or get them placed on base where people can pick them up?

JP

MRA #888 Triumph 675

TransNone13
June 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
I just checked my things, and I found the BDE Motorcycle Mentor's information etc. That's around 3500 soldiers, obviously not all riders. Let me know if this might help you out.

Bartman
June 23rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Bring it by the shop and I will give you a free dyno pull just to see what kind of HPs it pulls. :D

TransNone13
June 23rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Where Are you located?

Fastt Racing
June 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Bart. What a salesman........ Hahaha. I wanna see it on the dyno too.

M_Sled
June 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
I can push information through the Battalion MC program for the Regulars (1-22 IN, 1-4 ID). Drop me a PM if you need my email address for this purpose.

coax
June 23rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Has anyone thought of or contacted the respective installation Public Affairs Officer (PAO)? Each installation has one and I'm pretty sure there is a big staff meeting at least once a month where good deals like free entrance to MRA events can brought up. At the very least, he/she can tell you how to get max exposure on the installation. The PAO number is probably on each installations webpage, which I'm pretty sure are still in existance.

M_Sled
June 24th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure that the PAO is going to give you the response your looking for, however along the same route the BOSS program (Better Opportunity for Single Soldiers), Brigade and Battalion MC Mentors, and on post news papers are good sources for pushing events into the view of the Soldiers.

coax
June 24th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure that the PAO is going to give you the response your looking for, however along the same route the BOSS program (Better Opportunity for Single Soldiers), Brigade and Battalion MC Mentors, and on post news papers are good sources for pushing events into the view of the Soldiers.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I've been retired for awhile now. You are still active and have a better handle on things. Those positions you speak of didn't exist in Group during my time, but a lot has changed in the Army after seven years. The post paper is a good one (idea). It was everywhere and always got my attention. Good luck!

Bartman
June 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Where Are you located?

Sorry so used to people knowing who I am :lol: Fastermotosports and we are on 38th and Brighton Blvd in Denver.
Actually I have pretty much a standing offer to do a free dyno pull for the first person to bring me any new bike just so I know what the new bikes are doing, I also like to do what I can for our peeps in Green. :D
Bartman

random hero
June 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
That was me. It sounds like a beast and wants to just take off. I havent gone over 5k rpm because its just that loud, fast, and dont want to draw attention in my neighborhood. I couldnt resist testing it out. Will be at chicane baselining it. I actually ordered it in March.

They actually included the stock clutch and gaskets. It came with a head stop bumper (term?), but it restricted the turning way too much so I took it off after putting it on.

what's it cost to come over to your pit and touch the ktm...... can I put a $1 bill in it's bodywork! Such a sweet bike, nice choice!!!

JimWilson29
June 24th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I got back yesterday and I picked the KTM up before I even showered lol. I have priorities lol. If there's anything special, all you would have to do is ask and I will organize it. My position during deployment and the shit show getting my decals last year put me in touch with a lot of players within MSF and my BN.

Again, the refresher course would be perfect for you. Lots of options.

I just checked my things, and I found the BDE Motorcycle Mentor's information etc. That's around 3500 soldiers, obviously not all riders. Let me know if this might help you out.

I can push information through the Battalion MC program for the Regulars (1-22 IN, 1-4 ID). Drop me a PM if you need my email address for this purpose.

We are open to any additional exposure on the bases. We made contact with SGM John Ladik at Ft. Carson and, although he had some interest, it did not go much further. If you guys could push it through there and at the other bases in the area it would help your club out tremendously. Let me know what support I can provide.

oldtimer
June 25th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Hi guys, there's a problem with the PM mail this morning and I can't PM you right now. I'll try again later. I did meet a National Guard Public Affairs Officer at the event on Thursday and am sending him info. I'll try to find others who would mention going to the races for free or having fun in SuperStreet.

Kyle now that you're back we should revisit your idea of having a military promoter or connection from the club. Thanks for posting up!

COS Mille
June 29th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I've been pitching it at Peterson AFB every chance I get. Have the schedules, 2-for-one, and super street fliers on my desk, hand them out to anybody interested. I also provided the information to the Installation leadership during a motorcycle safety meeting as a way to get riders off the street and to ride on a track, a much safer environment to ride sport bikes as they are intended, rather than on the street. Didn't get much at this point. The AF is scared of motorcycles and it killing Airmen. I stress the training provided and safety aspect of the street class.

I've also put the information on CSC, the Dirty South. Will do it again before Pueblo.

The Gazette has a military section on Wednesdays. Checkout www.militarylife.com . There is an events section where you can post events. A section for local deals too. Looks like free advertising........

MRA 117

BrokenWire2086
June 30th, 2011, 01:22 AM
COS> if you or anyone else wants to forward me the information and flyers I can get them out through at the least my battalion.

The Sergeant-Major and I are always looking for ways to involve new riders, train old riders, and improve safety of riding while not reducing the opportunities for young Soldiers to ride. Several of the Soldiers have also brought up trying to organize a track day for the battalion but I have not had an opportunity to look into the logistics of such an event.

BrokenWire2086
June 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
COS> if you or anyone else wants to forward me the information and flyers I can get them out through at the least my battalion.

The Sergeant-Major and I are always looking for ways to involve new riders, train old riders, and improve safety of riding while not reducing the opportunities for young Soldiers to ride. Several of the Soldiers have also brought up trying to organize a track day for the battalion but I have not had an opportunity to look into the logistics of such an event.

COS Mille
June 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Brokenwire,
Look for the fliers under the MRA Marketing & PR section, 2011 posters and fliers.
RYBO can give you info on trackdays, and how the trackday organizers can assit you with a battalion (or Ft. Carson) function.

Getting our young service members who ride to buy the required safety equipment for the track can be one of the biggest ($$$$$) challenges, but the MRA has one piece suits available when participating in the Super Street class on race week-ends.

I noticed the MRA fliers were missing from Rocky Mountain so am swinging by there this PM after work to post some on the event window, will check Apex this week-end too.

COS Mille
MRA 117

BrokenWire2086
June 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I agree that cost is often the largest problem, with young Soldiers choosing affordability over safety. I did not know that suits were available at the Street Class races, that is good information to push out to those who are looking to get into racing, I'll be sure to pass it.

JimWilson29
June 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM
The rental suits were stolen with Rybo's trailer - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13264. Some of the members have some loaner suits available, though.

I have re-stocked the MRA flyers at RMCP a few times this year. I hope they are getting into customers hands. If they are out, give me a heads up and I will send some more down. Apex should be fine at the moment.

COS Mille
June 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Knew about the trailer, not all the suits, sucks.
I checked RM today, 2fers and mini super street were in good supply, I put two bigger posters on the windows.
Apex was fine like you said.

TransNone13
July 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I'm still trying to spread the word and rep the MRA. I'd rather see soldiers riding with mandatory gear and inspected bikes on the track instead of their motorcycle hoopties and squidly attire. Many are afraid of laying their bikes down, and a track day is NOT a race day. Even in Super Street, you don't win anything, compete as little or as much as you want.

Wyeth, I will be at PMP this weekend. Maybe I could linkup with everyone then?

Have some material ready for me, and if I have to I will mandate that my soldiers grab one.

@BrokenWire, sir, of which BN are you CO?

BrokenWire2086
July 5th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'm not the CO for the battalion, I'm the Motorcycle Mentor and Sr Rider. 1-22 Infantry Battalion.

TransNone13
July 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oh ok, my apologies. I'm w/ 1-66. If you would like to work together on anything or I can help you in any way please let me know.

oldtimer
July 6th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Wyeth, I will be at PMP this weekend. Maybe I could linkup with everyone then?

Have some material ready for me, and if I have to I will mandate that my soldiers grab one.

Awesome, thanks guys for putting the word out about the club! We'll have materials for you at Pueblo, we'll be down there on Friday and through the weekend.

JimWilson29
September 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Have any of you who are on the bases in the Co Springs area been able to promote this weekends race at PPIR?

COS Mille
September 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I've been promoting through the folks I know, and customers in my office. Mostly AF channels, PAFB and Cheyenne Mountain. I made a post on Central Colorado Riders. Will be at the WalMart tomorrow and probably Hooters too.

monument mike
September 15th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I've passed out schedules & 2-fer post cards @ Ft Carson / Evans Hospital . Will be @ wally world & Hooters also . :wink:

acrovixen
September 15th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Wyeth,
Going through base/post Public Affairs offices can be good too. A lot of bases send out a weekly email of events that are free/discounted for military. If you get a few riders in the stands or walking around the pits, it's a sure bet you can get some of them into superstreet without too much prodding :) I'll try to track down some phone #s for you today at work.

JimWilson29
September 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I've been promoting through the folks I know, and customers in my office. Mostly AF channels, PAFB and Cheyenne Mountain. I made a post on Central Colorado Riders. Will be at the WalMart tomorrow and probably Hooters too.

I've passed out schedules & 2-fer post cards @ Ft Carson / Evans Hospital . Will be @ wally world & Hooters also . :wink:

Thanks guys! The MRA appreciates your effort.