PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 848.... anything special required?

random hero
June 21st, 2011, 10:27 PM
Are case covers mandatory for this bike, uses a wet clutch. I wasn't aware of anything, but want to be sure before Pueblo. Anything in particular??

jeff healy
June 22nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
I believe you need an aluminum water pump or cover...speedymoto makes some really nice ones! Someone can correct me if that changed from the 999 to the 848 style bikes!

Bartman
June 22nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
nothing is required but the waterpump cover is a good mod.

rybo
June 22nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
I don't think the stock 848 comes with a steering damper - you'll need to add one of those.

random hero
June 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I don't think the stock 848 comes with a steering damper - you'll need to add one of those.
got that covered, just heard 10 different things about case covers, didn't want to be caught out when I get to pueblo, that's all

Bartman
June 22nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
got that covered, just heard 10 different things about case covers, didn't want to be caught out when I get to pueblo, that's all

All the normal stuff needs to be done of course but there is nothing weird on the 848s.

random hero
July 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Couple more questions.

Can I use RVT, or silicone on these 4 allen heads on the bottom of the drain pan. They're very low profile, not sure if I can drill them for wire.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/randomhero472/photo8-1.jpg

Also, can I RVT the water pump drain bolt... or does it have to be drilled? Again, another bolt that looks like it's going to be a PITA.

Last, do the rear caliper bolts need to be drilled.... the setup is odd, and looks like it'll require me to disassemble the entire rear wheel/brake setup to get to these bolts...... worst case will you let that one slide for Pueblo ???

Bartman
July 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Those are to short to drill for sure, I would get standard allen heads and drill them. Silly cone will do for the weekend and yes drill the water drain. We can look at the rear when you get there and will tell what to do.