PDA

View Full Version : Injured- won't make HPR, can I get credited?

random hero
June 9th, 2011, 10:53 AM
My feet were crushed yesterday working a commercial fire, can't walk, needless to say I won't be @ HPR, but I pre-registered and my card was charged. Can I get that refunded? I'm not sure if I'll make pueblo either, so thought a refund might be the better option, is this doable?

Not sure who to talk to, and I'm loaded on pain medicine and groggy, figured this would be the easiest way for somebody to see it... thanks

Luke Wuckert

rybo
June 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Luke,

Sorry to hear about your injury - please have a speedy recovery.

I've sent you the info you need by PM.

Scott

SOCAL4LIFE!!
June 9th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Wish you a speedy recovery Luke.

KFinn
June 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry Luke.... that sucks man. Get well soon.

peteyt328
June 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
That sucks Luke, sorry to hear that!

dragos13
June 9th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear about that Luke. Would you mind telling me what happened? Send a PM if you don't want to discuss it in public.

oldtimer
June 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM
So sorry to hear it Luke, feel better fast!

random hero
June 9th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Little more info on the fire: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/09/fire-destroys-city-block-in-alamosa/

Dragos, I was actually going to tell you.. I was manning the ladder trucks monitor, we only had the ladder raised and now extended. We needed to extend the ladder out some, and as soon as the ladder began to extend both feet slipped off the edges (where it's a triangle to protect your feet) to the middle, instantly both feet were caught by the next rung and bent downward 90 degree's about 2" behind my toes. No idea how it didn't cut my feet in 1/2 or break bones, just crushed them. I was stuck for about 20 seconds. Lesson, A) prob not the best practice to even be on the ladder when extending/retracting and B) if you are in that position, make damn sure your feet, hands, scba, anything is free from entanglement because that ladder is powerful!

jmaher
June 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hope you'll be back for Pueblo!

Joe

spideyrdr
June 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Man that sounds like a wicked accident. Sorry to hear you are injured. It sounds like it could have been even worse. Heal up!

dragos13
June 10th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Little more info on the fire: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/09/fire-destroys-city-block-in-alamosa/

Dragos, I was actually going to tell you.. I was manning the ladder trucks monitor, we only had the ladder raised and now extended. We needed to extend the ladder out some, and as soon as the ladder began to extend both feet slipped off the edges (where it's a triangle to protect your feet) to the middle, instantly both feet were caught by the next rung and bent downward 90 degree's about 2" behind my toes. No idea how it didn't cut my feet in 1/2 or break bones, just crushed them. I was stuck for about 20 seconds. Lesson, A) prob not the best practice to even be on the ladder when extending/retracting and B) if you are in that position, make damn sure your feet, hands, scba, anything is free from entanglement because that ladder is powerful!

Dang bro that sounds painful. Those ladders definitely have some major force behind them when they are moving. I'm glad it wasn't worse and hope you have a quick recovery so you can get back out on the track. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

jrthomas646
June 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

acrovixen
June 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Dude, ouch... I'm so sorry, I can't even begin to imagine! I hope you heal quickly!! And thanks for your service! :wink:

Hang in there!

random hero
June 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys... Already feeling much better, gives me a great excuse to sit on the couch and watch racing all day on TV.. I'm thinking by next weekend I'll be back to running, and won't miss July's race... that's for sure!

Fastt Racing
June 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hey get better soon Luke. If you need help gettin out of a wheelchair and carried to your motorcycle so you can race, just talk to Turpins guys. They will get you set up on the seat, and all you have to do is go out and win after that.....

random hero
June 13th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hey get better soon Luke. If you need help gettin out of a wheelchair and carried to your motorcycle so you can race, just talk to Turpins guys. They will get you set up on the seat, and all you have to do is go out and win after that.....

Yeah, Turpin did set the bar a bit high... If I could have moved my left ankle I would have made it out there, but it was so swollen my foot wouldn't have been able to shift. I'm feeling better, back to walking... Now just need somebody to buy my (2) r6's!!

KFinn
June 13th, 2011, 01:42 PM
what are you getting?

random hero
June 13th, 2011, 03:11 PM
what are you getting?

It's top secret.. but it has 2 less cylinders than the r6 and it's red :)

Fastt Racing
June 13th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Wow that is a secret.... An aprilia awesome, jk.