PDA

View Full Version : Old motorcycle magizines for Iraq bound soldier

giovannir6
October 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
MRA -

A gentleman that I work with approached me about getting his son some magizines on motorcycles before he is shipped off to Iraq. He is going to be stationed at a remote base with nothing to do for hours at a time. It turns out JP, thats him, is in love with aprillias and bikes in general. If anyone has any old mags that they have memorized or dont want any more, can you PM me and I will come pick them up for him? He leaves in November and wont be back until thanksgiving so I am trying to get him as many as I can before he leaves. If you have any reading on Aprillias I'm sure he would love that even more. His plan is to buy one when he returns home so any v twin bike shoot outs would go along way too. Thanks for any help.

Giovanni
720 339 4819
gchimento@rockbottom.com

glenngsxr
October 11th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I think I have some laying around. mostly sport rider and road racer x. let me look first though. Glenn #62

giovannir6
October 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks very much. Can you bring them to the general meeting?

glenngsxr
October 11th, 2006, 02:19 PM
will do homie, if i find them. Glenn #62

Budd435
October 11th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I have a few that will help the time fly for a GI!
Yes that rimes.
email me buddau@aol.com

smiley613
October 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I have a couple of years of mags (piles of them), but like glenn, they're mostly rrx and sportrider, but I also have a bunch of motorcyclist as well. let me know what you've already gotten so i can suppliment it with my stores if you still want more.

glenngsxr
October 12th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I talked to you and totally forgot to give you the mags. Where can I send them to. Only found a few. Glenn #62

giovannir6
October 13th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks everybody heres what we've put together so far:

Cycle World:
November 03
January 06
July 06
February 06
March 03

Sport Rider:
April 2004
February 04 (all about the mille)
February 03

Road Racer X:
April 04

I will come pick up any other issues you guys want to donate, thanks again.

Giovanni

Racerwife43
October 13th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Smitty is a Magazine "ADDICT", we have stacks and stacks that I trip over trying to put laundry away. With out opening pandoras box, have you considered a racing magazine drive for GI's? It would be a great way to recycle our old magazines and help the GI's pass their free time. I couldn't help but think those magazines may be a good tradable commidity when he gets over there. How many pounds could he take over? Like others we have Racer X, Sport Rider, RoadRacing World, plus some randum european bike mags. Do they have to be about Aprillia?

e-mail me at susie at johnnylawwelding.com if you would like at these...

Susie

giovannir6
November 9th, 2006, 08:48 AM
If anyone has any to spare or get rid of please bring them to the general meeting tonight as we finally got an address for JP in Iraq. Thanks to all those who replied and pitched in, I think he will really appreciate our efforts.

Giovanni

Racerwife43
November 9th, 2006, 11:43 AM
How many boxes can you take??!!

PM me.

Thanks,
Susie

irdave
December 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Gio.

I've got a stack of Roadracing World from the last 2 years you can send with him.

And he can have the warranty card that originally came with my Mille...

Let me know.

dave.
(970) 222-9597

giovannir6
December 6th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Again a big thank you to everyone who helped out. He couldnt take the magazines with him but his dad sent them to him not to long ago. If anyone gets a wild hair up there butt and needs to do a good deed to make up for a bad one or if you just want to make a soilders day here is JP's address and a wish list:

Spc. Hyduke, John
FOB Kalsu
C co 3-509 IN
APO AE 09312

-Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 shampoo
-Q-tips
-Axe or Dove Shower Gel
-Mach 3 razor blade refills
-Shaving gel (NOT cream)!!!
-Right Guard Deoderant
-LOTS of wet wipes or "cleansing cloths"
-Jack Link's Beef jerky in... 1st choice- Louisiana Hot Sauce, 2nd choice- Original
-Good books
-Magazines