PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Transponder

graphite675
June 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Update: Found one, no longer looking... Thanks.

looking for a transponder. Prefer wired type but will consider battery also as long as it holds a good charge.

Thanks,
JP

JimWilson29
June 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM
http://weraclassifieds.com/

graphite675
June 1st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks, been checking there often but they are all sold. (Except for one over priced unit that is.)

I'll keep my eyes out there though.

CaneZach
June 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
If it's priced well, a transponder will sell in minutes, so you need to jump on one as soon as you can.

graphite675
June 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. If I can find one I'll jump right on it, they don't last long. The only one on there is a used wired one and the guy wants $375. I can get a brand new one for just a few more bucks then that.
$250-$300 seems to be the going rate for a good deal?

jeff healy
June 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Somebody was saying there were a few on ebay but they didn't have chargers. Might be an option if you could find a charger somewhere or link up with somebody that would share a charger.

graphite675
June 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I looked into the eBay ones (and posted about the lack of chargers). They are no longer on there but he wanted over $300 plus I would have to buy a $50 charger so not such a great deal for used transponders.

If all else fails I'll break down and just buy a new one, just trying to save a few bucks but it's not looking good right now. Even the used ones I found are priced real close to new units?

spideyrdr
June 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
If they are missing the charging CRADLE, then yeah, that might be a problem. But if it's jus the power supply, either car or AC, there are plenty of options other than the AMB-supplied options.

At the end of the day, you can charge your transponder in someone else's charger or cradle Friday night (aka last minute) and still have juice on Saturday and even Sunday.

graphite675
June 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
If they are missing the charging CRADLE, then yeah, that might be a problem. But if it's jus the power supply, either car or AC, there are plenty of options other than the AMB-supplied options.

Yeah, they are missing the cradle and power supply. They used a huge multi charge unit on all of thier transponders so none of them had a individual charger/cradle. He didn't really mention that in the ad. Glad I emailed him about it.

graphite675
June 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
UPDATE:

Got one on the way! Found a guy in Orlando Fl. that had just posted one up today on the local craigslist. Like new, only used for a weekend race school then decided racing wasn't for him (wired type) $250 :D

KevEd614
June 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM
Nice find, if you come across another one send it my way!

Scored51
June 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
If they are missing the charging CRADLE, then yeah, that might be a problem.

... Actually, I have the means to remedy this situation with the genuine article. If anyone is specifically in this situation, please feel free to get a hold of me through the forums or my contact info on the main site.

Hope this can help.

oldtimer
June 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Check out Martin Garvey's R6 that's for sale in the bikes forum--he listed a transponder with his gear for sale.