PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo concerns

Ray-Ray
May 31st, 2011, 08:32 AM
Tony and I went down to visit with the new track manager last Friday to address some concerns regarding the track.

We were both pleasantly surprised to find they have been working very hard to address some ongoing issues. They now have a full time staff of 11 people which is great news!!

They have been working on repairing some of the cracks in the track surface. In turn 1 through 8 they have cut out the pavement where there were cracks and replaced them with new asphalt. The new strips are roughly 12" wide and run across the entire width of the track.

The have been working on the run off areas smoothing them out as best as possible.

The sealer the previously management sprayed in turn 9 has warn off some and we don't think it will be an issue for us going forward.

Please keep in mind that they don't want to spend a ton of money fixing the track because this fall the entire surface will be milled down and repaved. They will be recycling the milled pavement and placing it in the pits like HPR has done to help out with the weeds, mud and dust.

The new manager was very receptive of our concerns and plans to keep us in the loop on track improvements going forward. He will be addressing some other issues we asked about and plans to have them fixed by the time we are there in July.

I look forward to racing there in July!

Thanks,

rybo
May 31st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Great news Ray Ray!

I really like the pueblo layout and look forward to racing there.

S

oldtimer
May 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Good news, glad to hear they're making improvements and want motorcycle feedback. This will be the last time we race on bumpy Pueblo, I'm almost sad. :cry:

rybo
May 31st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Good news, glad to hear they're making improvements and want motorcycle feedback. This will be the last time we race on bumpy Pueblo, I'm almost sad. :cry:

Key word in this sentence: "Almost"

rforsythe
May 31st, 2011, 12:41 PM
So are these 12" strips going to be slippery like green track surface tends to be, or good n' grippy by the time the MRA goes there?

sikwitit
May 31st, 2011, 01:53 PM
Boy I hope it's nice and sticky!!!!!! I can't wait to race there!!

loujr
May 31st, 2011, 04:13 PM
I think its awesome that the track is getting the attention it deserves! PMP is a great track I wish we could race there more often!!!

T Baggins
May 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM
So are these 12" strips going to be slippery like green track surface tends to be, or good n' grippy by the time the MRA goes there?

Yes, yes they are. :shock: :lol:

Fastt Racing
May 31st, 2011, 11:06 PM
I am so excited! That place is probably gonna be my favorite track after the repave.

jmaher
June 1st, 2011, 06:35 AM
I wonder if garages, showers, shade for spectators and Wi-Fi like PPIR are far behind. I have heard they want to make it the place to go in the state. One can only hope.

Joe

T Baggins
June 1st, 2011, 08:29 AM
I wonder if garages, showers, shade for spectators and Wi-Fi like PPIR are far behind. I have heard they want to make it the place to go in the state. One can only hope.

Joe

They are upgrading the power supply, as that has been the limiting factor on RV spots, etc... Sounds like they're dumping over $1M into it over the next year!

loujr
June 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
Are the upgrades going to make the rental fee go up? We only go to pueblo once due to rental fees now....It would be nice to go there more than once especially once its all done.

T Baggins
June 1st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Are the upgrades going to make the rental fee go up? We only go to pueblo once due to rental fees now....It would be nice to go there more than once especially once its all done.

Most certainly the cost will go up.

Actually we only go there once because the racer turnout is lousy. Pueblo is the least expensive of all the tracks to rent, but since the turnout is generally so low we end up losing money anyway.

Hopefully once the track is paved the MRA faithful will start showing up so we have at least a "chance" at breaking even on our events there.

loujr
June 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks Tony.

froth
June 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
WOW! Great news! I am looking forward to watching everyone shave more time off PMP soon. Great work, as always, gang.
Thanks
Fred

Clarkie
June 1st, 2011, 10:40 AM
I always loved the layout of Pueblo, it has a little bit of everything and offers places to pass in every corner, and that is a 'good' pass not just a 'block pass' like some of the tracks I have ridden.

While the pavement made it challenging, it was never bad in my eyes. Sure the last turn made things interesting with the drag stip pad, but if the track was dry it was fine.

The fact they are prepared to put resources into the track is awesome, a repave would make it an even more fun and challenging track to ride 8)

Fastt Racing
June 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
+1 Clarkie

Clarkie
June 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Like most track Pueblo has tricks to it. Figure them out and it becomes a lot easier. It's definitely a track where you have to set up for a corner, 2-3 corners in advance :wink:

spideyrdr
June 1st, 2011, 08:33 PM
I am stoked about this news. I am also stoked that people still can say stoked!

After having ridden HPR, then PMP as a lowly rookie and finally seeing PPIR this year, I am anxious to see PMP again this year and what next year will bring. I am trying to drag my family who will be visiting from out of state to the Pueblo round, so you hooligans better behave! Wait, there are no hooligans in the MRA...