PDA

View Full Version : Back Protector

DAYTONA889
May 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I have the back protector foam pad that is built into my suit. I also wear an Alipinestars back protector, but when I put the Alipinestars one on my leathers feel very uncomfortable. Is there a type that is smaller and more comfortable and are they requred to race?Thank you Eric

loujr
May 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I believe that in most suits that foam can be removed.

Bartman
May 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Most comfortable one I have ever worn was the Helimot, it conforms to you with a little heat and you barely notice it after that. The other nice thing for me is it does not contact your spine but puts the force on the ribs instead.

303 cycle
May 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Forcefield pro 2 are pretty thin, conform well to your body type, yet they offer some of the best protection on the market.

The Knox Aegis or contour have been popular as well. There are a number of MRA racer's that have one of these so you may want to talk to a few people about how they like them.

The Pro 2's are tough to beat for the price.

dragos13
May 27th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I would go for protection over comfort when it comes to something like a spine protector. After using it for a while, it'll start feeling like normal.

TRK
May 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Yes, you need some sort of back protection. When it comes down to your spine and head, protect them!

Bartman
May 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Thats why I like the helimot, I think offers the best of both worlds. It has a hard inner to help with big impacts and like I said puts the force on the ribs rather than the spine and it also gives a air channel down you back as well.

JohnGarc
June 14th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I wear the Icon "Field Vest" that I use underneath my suit. Its the one you see on the streets that all the stunters and squids wear. Its pretty comfortable, easily adustable on shoulders and rib area. And, it offers both protection for your chest and spine. They are about $100 bucks..

davy4575
June 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I use the A-stars. Im comfortable with it once im one the bike. Make sure that whatever you use is CE Approved. Coming from having substanial back injuries, I feel naked without wearing one.

mgarvey661
June 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
There are a couple of guys in the club that are using these airbag vests in addition to a standard back protector. They said price is around$ 400. After they deploy a new" air bag" is like $25. Im surprised that there aren't more people using them. Safermoto.com. I have nothing to do with selling these, just thought they seemed pretty cool.