PDA

View Full Version : Ray Trout update. Crash on Sunday.

R1-2NV
May 23rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hey it's Steve with Mad-Moto. One of my good friends and riders Ray Trout crashed on Sunday in turn one and has suffered some significant injuries. Rays doing ok now in ICU. He broke the following. Left Leg, Right Pointer Finger, 7 Ribs and a Spiral Fracture on the right Tibia. He will need surgery to fix his right leg. He also has bruised lungs. He spent the night in the ICU. He will be transferred today to a hospital in Denver today for surgery.

Soon I will put together a fund for Ray and his family.
Please keep him in your prayers. He is in good spirits and is resting.

Stay strong Ray

Madison.

R1-2NV
May 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Also a huge shout out to the corner and EMT workers. You guys are the best.
Great job !

dragos13
May 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hope you heal up soon Ray!

KFinn
May 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
I hope you get better Ray! That was a gnarly crash.

This was at PPIR yesterday during AM O lap 3 or 4.

loujr
May 23rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
I didn't see it but I heard it happened right behind me. Hope you heal up soon, Steve once you get that fund info up I will defiantly do what I can.

d_mob
May 23rd, 2011, 11:06 AM
That is a real bummer. I left early and made a point to swing by and say bye to Ray and crew. I wish I would have stayed so I could have helped out in some way.

In any event, thanks for posting the update. I hope Ray heals up fast and please tell him if there is anything I/we can do don't hesitate to ask.

Clarkie
May 23rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Get well RAY!

AdamandNoahsdad
May 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Why sue the track? Did they do something negligent that got you hurt?

Good luck Ray! Heal up soon!

Clarkie
May 23rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Get well RAY!

SOCAL4LIFE!!
May 23rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
Wish you a speedy recovery.

racedk6
May 23rd, 2011, 09:34 PM
Dang so close to a good weekend at PPIR.

Ray heal fast buddy

acrovixen
May 23rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
Man, that sucks.... Heal up fast, Ray :(

Having had less than stellar luck at PPIR myself, I have to wonder why the MRA still races there too. :( I've never heard a single racer say, "Man, I love this track." People race for the points because it's on the schedule. I know I'm not racing with the MRA anymore (at least for now! :wink: ), but wouldn't it be better to do a few less races and stick to the safer tracks? All I heard was "greasy track;" "eats left side of my tires;" "gaps in pavement going onto the banking" and "cones to keep the racing line off the water seeping onto the track" Um, as to the last comment - WTF?! That pretty much says it all...

Don't mean to hijack the thread on a rant. Ray, I hope you heal quickly and keep your love of the sport that means so much to so many of us... Hang in there!!

random hero
May 23rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
My 02 cents, I love the track. It's a fun, small layout. Yeah it's not the safest track, but it's not the worst... and HPR round 1 proved people can get seriously injured everywhere, we watched a guy get life flighted out there. It's a dangerous sport, the risks are there every track. I was behind him when he crashed, he went into the grass... he didn't he a concrete wall, or anything of that sort... it's a bummer, but something that is a possibility at any track in the world.

Clarkie
May 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Get well RAY!

random hero
May 24th, 2011, 12:02 AM
It's a fun, small layout. Yeah it's not the safest track, but it's not the worst...

IMI is a fun, small layout as well and I used to do 59 second laps there on my Motard :D

So not the worst track compared to what track that is still being raced on in the USA in 2011?

I'd say Texas World is much more dangerous, there are walls 5' off track in 100+ mph turns, it's a true super-speedway, and the CMRA races there each year. I've raced there and was scared sh*tless.

I'm not an advocate of iffy tracks, and I know where your coming from... Not arguing, or debating the safeness of PPIR, just saying Ray could have suffered the same injuries @ HPR, Miller.... Anywhere

Fastt Racing
May 24th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Your in my prayers Ray. God bless you with a quick recovery, and friends by your side.

oldtimer
May 24th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Prayers for your fast recovery Ray, feel better!

Aaron and Wyeth

R1-2NV
May 24th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Hey everyone here is the paypal info for donation's to help Ray.
mailto:RayTrout916@gmail.com

Ray is doing better but still banged up bad. He says thank you for all of your support emails and prayers.

Thanks again

Madison

R1-2NV
May 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Also let's stay on topic. This thread is for updates on Ray and to donate to help him.

I understand the debate and have some opinion's about it as well. Some positive some negitive. Let's continue that discussion in a separate thread.

Thanks

T Baggins
May 24th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I understand the debate and have some opinion's about it as well. Some positive some negitive. Let's continue that discussion in a separate thread.

Thanks

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?p=78003#78003

supermoist
May 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Howdy from the hospital!

Thanks for all the kind words. I am in good hands, awaiting surgery. Will post an update post op, whenever my drooling stops.

Basically, I lost the front at speed, and fell down. Much pain. I don't recommend it. I do not blame the racing facility.

Steve Madison: thank you for your years of friendship and support. Many thanks to MRA as an organization for making roadracing possible. You do it well. Thanks to MRA members for being the Great Cast of Characters that makes racing on two wheels such OUGHT-be-illegal-but-ain't fun.

I plan to stick around the MRA -- in some fashion -- for years to come.

Cheers,

Ray[/b]

peteremsley
May 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

cromer611
May 25th, 2011, 01:26 AM
RAY! Best of wishes for some fast healin bro. PM me if you need anything.

Tornado
May 25th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Ray, I hope you heal up soon. You need to get back on that bike and have fun doing what you love to do!!! :D :D

peteyt328
May 25th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Glad your OK Ray, heal up quickly brother!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 25th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Ray! Good to hear from you.

Thanks for all the kind words. I am in good hands, awaiting surgery. Will post an update post op, whenever my drooling stops.
That's great. I have it on good authority that "chicks dig scars" so there's something to look forward to.

Best wishes for your recovery!

T Baggins
May 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Hey Ray,

Good luck with surgery! If you really want to entertain us, go ahead and post something up BEFORE the drooling stops. That s#it will be good I'm sure!

Holler if you need anything.

R1-2NV
May 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Hey everyone I just got back from seeing Ray. He was in very good spirits
and is getting ready for the surgery. They did the surgery on his hand and he still has 2 more surgery's to go on both legs..
He looks like the terminator with all the metal coming out of him.

I will keep you posted as things go along.

Thanks again for all the response and donations. Please keep them coming.
Ray has his phone and laptop at the hospital. So he is watching the boards.
I'm sure it helps pass the time for him to during his stay.

Madison

jmart
May 25th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Ray, best of luck man! Prayers sent.

KFinn
May 25th, 2011, 04:34 PM
what hospital are you at Ray? Visiting hours are?

supermoist
May 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Two surgeries down and two to go. Thanks for all the love and support. Typing with point of encased-finger arm cast and left hand. . .

I'm in great spirits! More surgery tomorrow, with last sometim next week. Friday best to visit. I am in St. Anthony's Central level 1 trauma rm 243. Call ahead, but they seem to let people in all hours, so not sure what the policy is. . . Good care here! I'll show you my gnarly external leg support rig. Screwed to the bone!

Thanks again to all! I'll be fine in 6-8 weeks!

Cheers!
Ray

sheispoison
May 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
You're a trooper dude! Godspeed in the healing process!
carl

Desmodromico
May 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Heal up fast Ray, sorry to hear you got banged up.

spideyrdr
May 25th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Good luck with the remaining surgeries! Your attitude is amazing and will no doubt help you through this.

Ray-Ray
May 26th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I think your new name should be "ROBO RAY" with the leg contraption you have on!!

We are all thinking of you! Hope you get better soon!!