PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate Monitors

dsarmr
May 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
I used a Garmin Forerunner 305 to monitor heart rate in the Open Solo Endurance race on Saturday. With this I was able to download the data to Garmin's site which I have attached below. The displayed data can be played back using the player button allowing the viewer to see a cursor moving along the graphical data while a marker follows the position on the GPS generated track below. Mousing over the graphical data will give instantaneous data for that point.

What surprised me was that the heart rate decreased in the inside track with the tight corners but spiked on the main straight: I would have thought the adrenaline would have caused the tight corners to push the heart rate higher.

Interesting also is the fact that every 6-8 minutes I was lapped by the front pack which usually happenned in the inside field when the HR stayed high (adrenaline?).

Also, on the graphical display, one can note changing breaking points over the course of the raise.

http://connect.garmin.com/player/87268131

TRK
May 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Your avg heart rate is insane! Prob over 160bpm. I think the spike in the front straight is when you are getting ready to enter turn one.

Now I am curious if I run 160 plus bpm in a race:?: