PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Thadius
May 19th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Soooo, anyone wanna give me their 2 cents on BRAKE PADS?

I have an 05 Gixxer 600 Brembo Master on the Front with the stock (Koliko, I think) callipers. What are some good brake pads to be using for that bike?

Im all ears....... :?:

JimWilson29
May 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
They are all good but different. Some have more initial bite and some have a more progressive feel.
Some good brands:

Performace Friction
Ferodo
Galfer
EBC
Vesrah
SBS
Suzuki OEM

sheispoison
May 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Here's my opinion from what I've ridden...

SBS- good pads, very progressive, easy to feather, very forgiving.
Frodo- VERY hard initial bite, very grabby, hard to feather, i didn't like them, others do.
EBC- Perfect middle ground, not to grabby, but not to progressive, and they last a long time. I really like the EBCs and have been on them for a few years now. Mike Applehans (hardcore racing) is a distributer and so is Faster.

That's my $.02.
carl

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I'm using the Carbone Lorraine C55's and found them to have a very linear characteristic dependent on pressure and independent of temperature. So regardless of whether you're braking hard into 4 @ HPR on the warm-up lap or trying to trail brake into 6 @ HPR, they feel the same.

I think Lansu's using them as well.

Thadius
May 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Man I love this place. Answers in a hurry, thanks guys.

Clarkie
May 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Soooo, anyone wanna give me their 2 cents on BRAKE PADS?

Use them, otherwise is makes a lot of noise and nothing else when you try and slow down :D

Brake pads are like tires, it all depends on the feedback a rider wants. All the main brands listed are really good pads, racer's just want different things when braking, bite, feel etc. My favorite are the EBC HH Extreme Pro pads, the orignal HH pads had a great bite but felt a little 'wooden' to me after the bite. I switched to Ferodo and they had great feel but not enough bite, the Extreme Pro's have both

HAMMER
May 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I figure if u can squeeze em and they lock up. "They work " if you can't use that ? Then what else is there ? ... and I promise u there is nothing past lock .. learn to use what is there ...me personaly. I don't use brakes .. over rated . Brakes slow u down ... lol.. I've used OEM pads forever. No dust. Long ware and consistancy. Looooong ware and they lock if I need em too done deal