PDA

View Full Version : PPIR's facilities

random hero
May 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I read in another thread PPIR has nice "facilities", showers... etc. Can anyone elaborate, are there showers we can use. Are they decent (answer this question as if your significant other asked :lol: Any other creature comforts, unlimited hot water for those of us who want a spa like experience in the public showers.... :P

JimWilson29
May 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
The showers are nothing luxury but it sure is nice to be able to take one at the end of the day with some hot water.

fairrpe86
May 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
The showers are nothing luxury but it sure is nice to be able to take one at the end of the day with some hot water.

Like Jim said they are nothing special, think of your typical locker room community showers...that is what I would compare them to. In my experience there has always been hot water, but then again I am not one to take half hour showers either.

COS Mille
May 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
The facilities at PPIR are the best of the three tracks we race.

random hero
May 18th, 2011, 09:52 PM
are the showers like open prison style, or like swimming pool style w/induvidual stalls? is soap on a rope required?

JimWilson29
May 18th, 2011, 10:23 PM
are the showers like open prison style, or like swimming pool style w/induvidual stalls?

Prison style.

is soap on a rope required?

depends on who you decide to shower with.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Oy1oFrvHl6Q/TZQtgye-veI/AAAAAAAAAwI/1ogQinpqYzI/s1600/its_a_trap_shower_soap.jpg

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Prison style.
Here's my vote for this years, "fastest forum thread to go off the rails". :lol:

oldtimer
May 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Luke I haven't been in the "prison-style" mens bathroom :shock: ....but the ladies has separate shower stalls, with little benches and curtains for privacy. The bathroom is large clean and well lit, with plenty of room to shower, dress, dry your hair.

Maybe they cut costs on the boys side. :lol:

Jon
May 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the info Wyeth and with that I'll be in the ladies shower at 6 AM Sunday
C U there!

oldtimer
May 19th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info Wyeth and with that I'll be in the ladies shower at 6 AM Sunday
C U there!

LOL! Maybe I shouldn't have given out that info? 8)

JimWilson29
May 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think I will be filling up my water tanks and showering in my trailer this weekend. By the sound of things, you don't know who will be lurking around the corner in the showers....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8339/ownedshower7eh.jpg

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
C U there!
Well played, Mr. Glaefke!

Old Racer
May 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM
Showers are in the rest rooms at the north end of the south garage building.

Old Racer
May 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM

Old Racer
May 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM

jmaher
May 23rd, 2011, 09:12 PM
This was my first time racing at PPIR and while it did take a bit to get used to the track especially turn 1&2 (though I learned a lot in turns 3 through 7), I instantly enjoyed the facilities. GREAT garages! I wish HPR had a fraction of what PPIR has. I don't like inviting people out to HPR to watch races as it is pretty spectator unfriendly. PPIR on the other hand is at the other end of the spectrum. My friends that came out to watch appreciated the shade tents and view at the infield. PPIR facilities and spectator friendliness with a HPR or repaved Pueblo track would be amazing. Curious to see what the money being put into Pueblo will result in. JMHO.

Joe

random hero
May 23rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
Anyone else see the proposed layout of the road course(s)... They have some great plans for auto-x, Road course, pretty cool stuff.. Wonder if any $ will come there way and they'll be able to build...

On a side note I enjoyed 3 long showers, no incidents, and I was able to use traditional type soap. I really wish hpr had a way to get water to the track.

T Baggins
May 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM
...I really wish hpr had a way to get water to the track.

HPR has received a "go ahead" to put a septic system in. Soon as that's done it allows for more water usage at the facility. Current problem is we have to haul away the waste water - which is really expensive.

COS Mille
May 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I got taken around the proposed track in both directions, it's going to be really challenging, great elevation changes, and corners are going to be fun. Ultimately like all projects, it will come down to local support and $$. I really hope it works out.