PDA

View Full Version : GPX Pro

jmaher
May 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Will anyone be out there Friday that has a GPX pro, knows how to use it and can spare 20-30 minutes? I can do a few of the basic things, but the directions are not intuitive....at least to me.

thanks,
Joe

Clarkie
May 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Are you trying to install it on the bike, or calibrate it?

I have installed them on a few different types of motorcycles and none of them were too bad. What bike do you have, and what inputs are you looking to capture? A wiring diagram will help you tap into the right wires, tps and rpm and the first ones you should look at tapping into, some of the other ones like brake switch/pressure, gear position, water temp, front and rear suspension pots, are cool to have but the first two will help you more than you may think.

Blue Junk
May 16th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Joe,

I have a demo unit we use here at the shop, and all the necessary cables and such to install it.

If you need any help or a cable/connector I should be there Friday, and would be happy to help you install yours and do basic setup on it.

jmaher
May 17th, 2011, 06:34 AM
It's installed, working and I downloaded sessions to my laptop. It's setting the splits and manipulating the data on the computer that is throwing me. I have already learned some things about my riding and I see where this is going to be a great tool.

Joe

Clarkie
May 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Without a doubt, looking and using the data will make you a lot more consistant, and takes the guess work out of the eqution. Just start with a little data like speed (GPS based) and TPS. The rpm trace is good for checking your gearing as with a lot of people they exit a corner well below where their bike starts to make power (rpm-wise).

Once you get more familiar with the data you can use more of what is possible, I never knew what gear I was in when racing but I was always in the 'right' gear at the right time. I never used first gear except off the start line and didnt use 6th gear most of the time even at Pueblo, but I ran very different gearing to most people. Heck I think I was 2 teeth taller to ST a lot of the time, years racing twins I guess