PDA

View Full Version : miller race weekends

jeff healy
May 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Does anybody drive over to miller for their race weekends?? As some of you may know, I live in MT but my bike lives in Denver ](*,) I was thinking it would be fun to go to a few of their races as well this summer but don't really want to drive from MT to denver and then to SLC then back to denver and then back to MT!! If someone was going that way and would be willing to bring my bike with them I would split gas with them for their trip and meet them at miller!?!? Just a thought :D

rybo
May 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Jeff,

I'm going to try to make at least one, maybe two of their rounds this summer. I'd be happy to bring your bike with me. I have no firm plans at this time, but was looking at their last round because it's the full course, which I think would just be fun.

Scott

jeff healy
May 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah I think that one would be great too!! Soo much to learn! Same as you I would like to make one or 2 others but who knows. I have a few friends racing down there and it sounds like they need people in a bad way. One of their end. races from their first weekend only had one entry!

jeff healy
May 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
oh and btw Thanks! Ill be sure and talk to you about it next time we see each other!

Vanmar Racing
May 13th, 2011, 09:04 PM
We are thinking about emptying out our big trailer and loading it up with some MRA racers and going over to RFR to show them a thing or two....
Anybody interested?

Fastt Racing
May 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Anyone else thinkin of goin to Miller for a round? I can definitely find the time to go. I just need to scrape a few coins up to go on the cheap. I am interested in RFR also, because I may be able to hitch hike to Vegas to prostitute myself for gas & tire money fri night and sat night.....

random hero
May 13th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'd def be interested in doing some Miller rounds.. I haven't checked results, but their entries seem low compared to the MRA. It would be great to either car-pool or have someone like vanmar haul the bikes out there, I'd def be willing to put some $$$ towards an effort like that.

RFR... ??? I'm lost, where is this?

Vanmar Racing
May 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
http://www.renofernleyracetrack.com/

Yeeker
May 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I can't commit yet, but am definitely interested in MMP.

Jon
May 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I am actually her at Miller now for round two and after just trucking it out here in my Sprinter van one things for sure Diesel fuels no cheaper heading west of Denver. Great race track friendly people and very accommodating to you traveling racers. The tracks starting to show some wear and tear and without Larry around to fix it and with them losing as much money as they are,I get out here sooner than later. You guys should start making your plans for either the perimeter or the full course as they are the best,IMO
c

LordLosh
May 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I would be interested in going just send me dates and cost.

jmaher
May 14th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I would also be interested, but need to know dates/costs.

Joe

jeff healy
May 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Sweet! I would be game to go to RFR and MMP! Tammy, if we get a date together for either of these and you need a driver I will make it happen!

Fastt Racing
May 20th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Anyone going on May 27th. I heard they had some club level invitational race that MOM and MRA racers could do.

jeff healy
June 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
So whats the deal with RFR?? I finally had a chance to go check their website out and the track looks SICK!! But at the same time it seems like their racing org is more of a trackday company that throws together a few events with like 4 classes!?!? Pretty sure that if that is the case and we can go with a bunch of MRA guys and clean up it would be a blast! But... isn't it like 1000 million miles!? Tammy if thats the case were pulling the vanmar trailer with my pickup instead cuw it would take 2 days at 45!! :D

rforsythe
June 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
We are thinking about emptying out our big trailer and loading it up with some MRA racers and going over to RFR to show them a thing or two....
Anybody interested?

Rybo and I were also kicking around emptying the (mostly empty) R2SL trailer and hauling a bunch of bikes out to MMP for a weekend. We should tag team and show up in force (we might have more MRA racers on a grid than the USBA, which would be awesome). I know I can comfortably fit 9 bikes + gear in the rig, we've done like 12-14 bikes but it wasn't pretty.

jeff healy
June 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
ok so lets put a date on it! they have a race weekend July 16th and 17th!! I'm sure we could double their grid :) Whos in??

jeff healy
June 2nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
I guess I should say Rybo and Tammy?? What do you guys think about this date as your a pretty major part of this :)

rforsythe
June 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I guess I should say Rybo and Tammy?? What do you guys think about this date as your a pretty major part of this :)

Well technically trailer #2 isn't going without me. ;) But that works for me, I need to be in SLC early to mid July briefly anyway.

jeff healy
June 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah sorry!! I saw rybo's name in the post and it was stuck in my head and realized it as soon as I posted that!:) Maybe if we get a list of who wants to go we can get it all together at HPR coming up. Count me in!

jeff healy
June 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Its the West track that weekend

rforsythe
June 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Yes it is. I also just confirmed with the USBA that there will be no license fees if we want to go ride. Online registration for reciprocity racers is jacked so don't do that yet, either it'll get fixed or they will waive the late registration fee for the MRA racers and we'll just do it when we get there.

jeff healy
June 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Good to know! Sounds like you have someone you can contact over there for answers so keep us posted as you find out! Thanks!

WSMC800
June 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Jeff, where in MT are you? I'm in Red Lodge. I'm in for a truck-pool to Miller or MRA any race weekend this summer.

steamboat27
June 3rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Is there room for another Person to go to Miller the 16 and 17th I am up in Steamboat and can Meet you on I 70 and carpool.

Cory

SOCAL4LIFE!!
June 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Wish I could make this. If it was anything other than a drill weekend I would be on this like white on rice.

random hero
June 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm game... Not sure on conflicting dates, but I thought wera or usba were running the full course one weekend. I'll go regardless, but would rather run the long course.

rforsythe
June 3rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
I'm game... Not sure on conflicting dates, but I thought wera or usba were running the full course one weekend. I'll go regardless, but would rather run the long course.

http://www.utahsba.com/racing/

Perimeter course is in two weeks (I definitely can't go then) in conjunction with WERA, full course is Oct 1-2.

jadeblue1
June 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
just a couple of quick notes for you guys regarding miller or RFR

the round in 2 weeks with WERA has a 6 hr endurance on saturday, sprint races on sunday, and there is a friday practice day that miller itself is putting on. they're running the sbk course, and if you guys wanted to compete, you could using the $30 weekend reciprocity license. (which simply means you pay $30 for a weekend license & you can run in whatever class you bike is eligible for. you can also win contingency) you would need to sign up with wera for the races and miller for the trackday (its $200)

wera here:
http://maps.wera.com/forms/?x=1098

miller here:
http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/get-on-track/open-track-days/motorcycles.html?phpMyAdmin=1r7GRTq%2CTH69RnNLe0nO 0Utbirc

you can sign up at the track for either, but it does cost a little more.

reno fernley - fun track, the layout map reminds me of what a set of brass knuckles looks like - it's got like 26 turns & some elevation changes. however - it's a whole lot of fun. their races last year didn't have a big turn out, but the grids were fun... the only bad thing was a couple of the kfg's (known fast guy) showed up & took most of the purse money, but it was still fun. here's a couple of videos so you can check out the track layout.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1889022077907

http://www.tubearby.com/watch/dw3fAkgPPTA.html

ps- both tracks are a blast .. for miller track days are provided by apex or miller itself, rfr has a couple of different providers that do it: z2, pacific track time, and precision trackdays

hope this info is useful & good luck to you guys (& gals) next weekend at hpr :D

random hero
June 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Anyone game to put an wera 6-hour team together?

jeff healy
June 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Jeff, where in MT are you? I'm in Red Lodge. I'm in for a truck-pool to Miller or MRA any race weekend this summer.

I am up in Havre! Glenn was nice enough to let me leave my trailer at HPR so I could just fly out of billings to Denver as it is wayy cheaper then $4 deisel so I don't drive very often!! So, we have you, me, mark, and hollywood (MT reject :) ) all from MT in the MRA! I think we need a team MT for one of the endurance races!!

rforsythe
June 18th, 2011, 09:27 PM
July 16-17 @ MMP is on, at least for a couple of us. We do have a huge trailer available, and are thinking like $75 per bike gets your motorcycle and gear there and back. We can fit another 7 bikes in the rig, so who else is interested? The trailer would be at MMP in time for the track day on the 15th in case anyone wanted to do that as well. Even if I don't fill all 7 spots, I would need at least a handful to make this work.

Since I need to go out earlier that week for other things I will be leaving in time for that - this means you're on your own to get to the track, but I can save a bunch of people from having to pull a trailer 1000 miles or pickup-truck their bike out there. Everything would come back the following Monday.

Come race MMP!

random hero
June 18th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I'm possibly game... will need to see race finances after pueblo for the month, 3 race weekends, including doing the 4-hour could get a bit expensive

jeff healy
June 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I'm still game and I talked to Hollywood and Aaron hersh and it sounds like they are interested!! I'll let them know to get ahold of you!!

jeff healy
June 20th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Will it be possible to load my bike and gear in your trailer at Pueblo after this next round??

rforsythe
June 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Will it be possible to load my bike and gear in your trailer at Pueblo after this next round??

It would have to be Saturday, I will not be down Sunday. Or you could come by my place Sunday on your way back north and load it then. I'll PM you.

FYI I am not planning on hauling this trailer to HPR for the endurance weekend, so I will need everyone's stuff out after I'm back in Denver.

jeff healy
June 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
So just some helpful info from MMP. here is the link to get signed up for the next round!!

http://www.utahsba.com/registration/mom/guest.php