PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia RS125 in SS or 250?

AR
April 19th, 2011, 01:28 AM
So I bought an Aprilia RS125 last year and did 3 days at IMI and 1 day at HPR. I've been chomping at the bit to do another day at HPR, but we never got enough sign ups to run a winter day. I plan to be there on May 2, thank God for springtime!

Would the MRA allow my RS125 in the SuperStreet class?

By any chance would you allow me to run it in the 250 class as an "exhibition" entry, no points, no trophy?

I was thinking to take the Ricky Orlando school, then do some SS races, and then move to the 250 class.

I realize the rules specify Ninjas and CBRs. This is why I'm asking about an "exhibition" entry.

Thank you in advance.

dragos13
April 19th, 2011, 06:14 AM
You can absolutely run in the Superstreet class if you don't currently have a race license. As for the 250 class, based on the rules I don't see that happening. If they allowed you to do it, then they would have to open it up to anybody on a similar bike which defeats the purpose of the class. Even as an "exhibition" you can affect other riders championship points just by being on the track. I'll leave the official answer up to the board though.

rybo
April 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I'll back Casey up, your bike isn't class legal in the N250 class. There are, however a couple other classes the bike would be great in.

Lightweight GP and the Colorado Class are fantastic classes for your motorcycle where it would be competitive.

Superstreet is no problem at all. Come and race with us!

Scott

Throttleroller277
April 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'll back Casey up, your bike isn't class legal in the N250 class. There are, however a couple other classes the bike would be great in.

Lightweight GP and the Colorado Class are fantastic classes for your motorcycle where it would be competitive.

Superstreet is no problem at all. Come and race with us!

Scott

+1... we look forward to seeing you in Superstreet to start things out.

AR
April 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Even as an "exhibition" you can affect other riders championship points just by being on the track.

This is something I had not considered but is obvious now that you said it!

SS will be a blast, even on my lowly 125cc two-stroke "GP derived" street bike.

Colorado Class and LWGP sound like great options. I was afraid of being a rolling chicane for the racers on real GP bikes. I do not intend to go after wins or championships (yet!). I just want to race!

Heck, given I'm new to the sport, getting passed in close quarters sounds just as exciting as doing the passing!

Thank you Dragos, Rybo, and Throttle!

Mforza
April 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Colorado Class and LWGP sound like great options. I was afraid of being a rolling chicane for the racers on real GP bikes. I do not intend to go after wins or championships (yet!). I just want to race!

Well then there will be two of us as the obstacle in the race line :D
My Skorpion is not much faster then your bike (if it is even faster?) :D so let the fast guys find the way around us :D :D

AR
April 20th, 2011, 06:22 AM
An MZ Skorpion? Always liked them and was surprised to see a write-up of someone racing one in one of the recent RRW mags.

Cool!