PDA

View Full Version : Dish or Direct TV?

TRK
April 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
So what do you guys think?
Dish or Direct TV?

sillisquid
April 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Do you care about getting the sports packages, like NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, etc? If so, that's only available on Direct TV.

My sports teams are all local, so I don't need those packages. So, Dish Network works well for me. My biggest gripe is that if I want to upgrade to get Speed TV, I need to pay another $15/month, and get a dozen channels I don't care about. I *think* the basic HD package for Direct TV includes Speed TV.

gsnyder828
April 16th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I *think* the basic HD package for Direct TV includes Speed TV.

Yep - my basic HD with Direct TV includes SpeedTV.

I've never had Dish, so can't compare otherwise.

g

KFinn
April 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I say for user interface, look, ease of use, I definitely prefer dish. I grew up on DirectTV and cable and Dish was a welcome change.

For some of the NBA stuff, Dish had something last year. I don't know about this year. I don't watch anything but movies, guns and speed.

phildrummond
April 18th, 2011, 05:27 PM
DISH. Go to Dish-Network.com to subscribe if you do choose Dish. A good friend and pit monkey is a reseller of Dish. I mean, if you're getting it anyway, why not buy it from a guy who's at the track? You pay the same price and get the same package.

For customer support Dish can't be beat. My company hooks up utilities for people and DTV is the worst in the business. Comcast is a close 2nd. Dish rocks.

acrovixen
April 18th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I've had DirecTV for about 8 years, never an issue or a problem. They do a lot of free promos (3 mos free showtime, stuff like that) and hooked up whole house DVR for me for free (extra DVR in the master BR rocks!!). Their service when you move is awesome too... They're also the only company I know who have Fox Soccer Plus which is HUGE for a crazy rugby fan ----> ME \:D/ I think (personal experience) Comcast is the worst cable company I've ever used, and I've lived all over the country. Run away...

Good luck figuring it out!

bluedevil
April 19th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Dish: Free HD fo life ! 1 receiver for multiple rooms and lower cost.

beavis
April 19th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Dish for sure. If you compare pricing after the discounted period then Dish is still cheaper. The channel lineups are very similar. Unless you want some certain sport packages Dish is the clear choice.

PremiumBlend
April 19th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I can't compare either, but I have Direct right now and they have been great thus far. (**crossing fingers**) But just like any company, I've heard the horror stories on both sides.

Munch
April 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
If you're a DTV customer, they will give you free HD and waive DVR fees. Just signup for auto-pay.

JohnGarc
April 27th, 2011, 12:57 PM
COMCAST.... Although dish and direct do make excellent umbrellas, sleds, and pie dishes... Just a thought. :D