PDA

View Full Version : GP shift opinion on a 2008 R6

DAYTONA889
April 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hello all, I just went from regular shift to GP shift. The problem Iam having is finding the shift lever with my boot. (new Boots may be problem) It feels like I have to put alot of effort in to move the lever from the top of my boot (shifting down ) to shifting up with the lever on the bottom of my boot. Is the position of the lever set different than a regular shift se up? Thank you Eric. Pics would be great or any advice.

acrovixen
April 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm certainly no expert, but give it some time and practice. It will become second nature before you even realize it :)

dragos13
April 13th, 2011, 06:22 AM
You can adjust the lever where ever you want. If you just swapped your shift shaft around and left the lever in the same place, you might want to play around with adjusting it. Having a difficult time grabbing your shifts will cause issues on the track.

peteyt328
April 13th, 2011, 06:50 AM
What Casey said.. The lever doesn't have to move at all so shifting shouldn't be any harder than it was previously. The only tricky part is remembering down is up and up is down the first couple times you ride. Once it becomes subconscious you will see the benefit.

Throttleroller277
April 13th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Along with what Casey and Pete said.....

The effort that it takes, and the distance that it takes for your foot to move the lever up or down, should be relatively equal. I would try to shoot for that as a starting point.

obviously.... have your race boots on when "feeling" it out, and move around on the bike in all positions; tucked in, hanging off both sides of the bike, etc....

And maybe to prevent shifting in the wrong direction, you can do something like put a small piece of tape on your tach that says GP shift, as a reminder. After a full day it will become second nature...

bluedevil
April 15th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I have a couple pics of an 06 if this helps... at least shows the position of the shift arm and pedal....

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/bluedevild/2010/SAM_1729.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/bluedevild/2010/SAM_1551.jpg

Throttleroller277
April 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
The above photos depend on the Rear Sets you have though. I use Woodcraft and Graves, and on both of them the shifter is mounted to the foot peg.

DAYTONA889
May 24th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Thank you all for your help, I apreciate it. It is now adjusted and feels alot better