PDA

View Full Version : 2001 ZX-6 help

SOCAL4LIFE!!
April 10th, 2011, 09:51 PM
So the wife (who is 4 months pregnant) has decided to let me sell her 2001 ZX-6 to help pay for my first year of racing. However, I need to get some work done to help it sell. I need to get the front fork seals replaced and the carbs cleaned. Who in town does a good job on these for cheap or who can help for some beer?

Russell

JimWilson29
April 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Try Bart at Faster Motorsports - http://www.fastermotorsports.net/

SOCAL4LIFE!!
April 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
So I called Faster and 303 Cycle. Faster wants over $500 and 303 doesn't do it. I have the stuff to clean the carbs so is there anyone that can help me do it?

Or should I just sell it as is and lower the price?

Clarkie
April 12th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Most GOOD shops will charge you 4 hours to clean, reset and balance the carbs. This includes removing everything, tank/fairings etc and adjusting the fuel screws and balacing the carbs afterwards which isnt always easy.

Fork seals are around 2 hours to do on the bike to do both seals (never just do one). $500 is a good price, I would take it to Bart as he knows his stuff and you wont get a drunk guy you just gave a bunch of beer to working on your bike :D

Can it done cheaper, yes. But with Bart you get what you pay for and it will be done just once :wink:

The other option is pull the forks yourself and just take them in to save a bunch of money.