PDA

View Full Version : Race gloves

SOCAL4LIFE!!
April 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
I am in need of some gloves for the track. My A* SP2's are no longer usable and I would like a better glove for the track anyways. I have some friends in Cali that recommend Sidi and Dainese. The problem is it seems no shop carries these in stock and some carry a no return policy on special orders. Does anyone have experience with these gloves or have any other recommendations. I wear an XL in the SP2's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimWilson29
April 3rd, 2011, 09:50 AM
I haven't seen Sidi's gloves in any local shops but there are shop's that carry Dianese. Also, there are alot of other high quality brands of gloves that are more than suitable for racing. Go with what is comfortable and fits the best.

Try these shops:
Fay Myers Motorcycle World
Mad Moto (he carries SPIDI gloves which I think are one of the best)
303 Cycle (carries Taichi, Dianese and alot of other high end brands)
Faster

loujr
April 3rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
+1 for 303 cycle

vort3xr6
April 3rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
+1 for 303.

Just picked up a set of Knox gloves. Amazing gloves with great protection. I would tell you Knox, RS-Taichi, or Astar.

Desmodromico
April 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Held Phantoms, best I have found and super comfortable. I think Foothills has Held.

gripped
April 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
So I'm in the same boat. I have been using a pair of A-star GP Pros for about a year and I just noticed in-between sessions yesterday that the stitching had come apart on the fingers of both my gloves. Ring on one side and middle on the other. This is after I have already had the stitching repaired on the other ring finger! Has anybody else had problems with the A-stars like this?

I'm thinking of trying the Helds for my next pair as they can supposedly take some serious abuse.

gsnyder828
April 4th, 2011, 07:04 AM
So I'm in the same boat. I have been using a pair of A-star GP Pros for about a year and I just noticed in-between sessions yesterday that the stitching had come apart on the fingers of both my gloves. Ring on one side and middle on the other. This is after I have already had the stitching repaired on the other ring finger! Has anybody else had problems with the A-stars like this?

I'm thinking of trying the Helds for my next pair as they can supposedly take some serious abuse.

I've never had a problem like that with A-Stars... because I've heard so many similar stories I've refused to buy them.

I've got Held Phantoms... amazing gloves.

g

NossLou
April 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM
If you want top notch gloves that set the standard in comfort/fit/ and quality I'd suggest the SPR-pro gloves by Heroic....Being a new company on the market over the last few years many have not heard of Todd McNabney and Heroic..... I tried out his gloves after reading multiple reviews compared to a-stars/held/spidi/dainese/ as well as other and decided to give them a shot. I have not tried all the individual product lines but the SPR's were by far the most comfortable fitting glove I have ever worn.

One plus is your pinky is tied into your inner finger in the glove and protected...takes about two minutes to get used to. The kangaroo leather and stingray skin are a plus as well...just my .02 cents

Ayden Lee Racing
April 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
It's looking like I'll be at HPR this weekend for the race school.

I'll bring my full line of suits and gloves for anyone to try out!

www.alr-moto.com

R1-2NV
April 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
+ 1 on Ayden Lee ! :o.

Its Madison from Mad-Moto I stock the line here in Colorado for Ayden Lee. I will have suits and gloves out at the track to help support ALR.

I have had the same issue with Astar GP Pros. My gloves fell apart in one season.

Come by the shop or the track at my trailer. Or of course see the above post.

spideyrdr
April 4th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Sounds like lots of riders have had issues with A*'s. I also had a problem with my A* SP-1's that I bought off a fellow racer. It took a phone call to the company and $6 for shipping my gloves back and they sent me a new pair. I had no sales receipt, no nothing. Hell, they looked like they might have been a couple of years old. Certainly the gloves should last longer than a season, but at least see if they will replace them if they are simply falling apart.

jmaher
April 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I have Teknic Lightings. They fit my short fingers great, are very comfortable and have had zero issues with them. They held up in my crash with zero thread seperation.

Joe

Munch
April 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I'm partial to the Spidi Pentas. Pricey, but gloves are the last item you want to skimp on.

http://static.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/c/62/c627bcf4eb90286ca2ada274173fafff_rough.jpg

lars
April 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
-1 for A*'s these days, they seem to fall apart really fast.
+1 for sidi's gloves, i liked my sidi "power" glove so much i bought a second pair just in case.
bought mine online, havent seen them local.

(this comment can also be found in the "nuts" thread.....

R1-2NV
April 5th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I have the Spidi as well at Mad-Moto. They are a bit pricey but they are
nice. I also have the Spidi suits and back protectors .

303 cycle
April 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
We carry a number of High end race gloves in most sizes to get you guys taken care of. Come on down and I'm sure we'll find a glove you will love!

We carry the full line of:

Knox (Handroids and Biomechs) awesome gloves, SPS sliders, BOA lace system, Kangaroo palm. Knox are the best selling glove we have, they are no gimmick, just some awesome gloves

RS Taichi: GP-Evo's, WRX, GP all in stock with great features, starting from $95 on up!

Arlen Ness: RR race gloves or the SS Race gloves. You think he builds choppers? Think twice!

Dainese: Full Metal Pro's will be coming in mid month and a couple others as well. the 11' models have been slow getting to us but they will be worth the wait

If you want to compare a number of different gloves stop on down and we can show you the in's and outs of each so you pick the right glove for you.