PDA

View Full Version : NINJA 250's: What classes are you signing up for?

mkdiehl
April 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Just trying to figure out where all the 250's will be.
I want to run the classes that have a larger number for a little more action (at the portion of the pack I will be in...back that is).

How many novices are on 250's? Are you running novice gtu on them?

Just want some company!!!

thanks

oldtimer
April 1st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Just trying to figure out where all the 250's will be.
I want to run the classes that have a larger number for a little more action (at the portion of the pack I will be in...back that is).

How many novices are on 250's? Are you running novice gtu on them?

Just want some company!!!

thanks

Hey Matt! Not to but in, but I'd suggest for sure both 250 Cup races, CO Class, and LWGP will be good for the 250's.

You'll get 3 rounds of practice Saturday morning and 2 rounds Sunday morning with your race entry. So if you sign up for 2 sprint races each day that's a lot of race pace riding.

If you want to, sign up for Novice GTU and try racing with the middleweights. You can decide whether to continue running it after the first weekend. I note that it's back-to-back with the 250 Cup race, so take that into consideration.

raceday schedule: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12164

HAMMER
April 1st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Lw endurence
250 cup x2
Lw gp
Co. Class

5 races + practices= tired hammer

Ray-Ray
April 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Lw endurence
250 cup x2
Lw gp
Co. Class

Its HAMMER TIME!

d_mob
April 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
For me...

250 Cup x 2
LW GP
CO Class (haven't decided if I'll run my 2-fiddy or 450 SUMO in this)

4 races + practices= Tired, but happy to be back on the track Mobster (or Slowbley as Hammer has appropriately nicknamed me as of late). :lol:

T Baggins
April 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
My recommendation is that we aim to keep them in classes where they are more likely to be competitive = less likely to be a moving chicane.

250 Prod Sat
250 Prod Sun
COLO
LWGP

I'm less convinced that LW End is the best place for them (but will provide good testing ground for the 4 hour of much contention...)

I don't think that NOV U & O or AM U & O are the right choice either.

Bueller999
April 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
250 cup x2
Colo class
LWGP

HAMMER
April 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Lw endurence
250 cup x2
Lw gp
Co. Class

Its HAMMER TIME!

Yes , my friend ..... it is .....

toptier
April 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
signed up for what everyone else is doing.
250 Prod Sat
250 Prod Sun
COLO
LWGP

oldtimer
April 13th, 2011, 10:48 AM
:shock:

There are already 12 ninja 250s registered for round 1, and we've still got 3 weeks to go before the first race. Heck all the procrastinators wait til 11:59pm on pre-entry deadline to sign up, so who knows how many riders will be in this field!

If you're a 250 racer and you haven't registered yet --Hammer-- you'd better get on it or you'll go second wave! :lol:

lars
April 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
thats alot of 250's, i hope im in town for the race!!!!

toptier
April 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM
That's already a good size grid, and it's going to get bigger.
I wonder when I'll be gridded for race 1?

HAMMER
April 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM
:shock:

If you're a 250 racer and you haven't registered yet --Hammer-- you'd better get on it or you'll go second wave! :lol:

I'm in lady...... even if I'm 2nd wave ... its all good. I got this. :wink: :wink:

random hero
April 19th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Question, If we're running Nov-U, will we have time to come to the grid, and mount the 250 in time for the 250-production race on Saturday?

rybo
April 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Question, If we're running Nov-U, will we have time to come to the grid, and mount the 250 in time for the 250-production race on Saturday?

Depends on what you mean by "time".

Watch Shannon Moham for lessons on how to do a back to back race effort on two different bikes.

s

random hero
April 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM

Depends on what you mean by "time".

Watch Shannon Moham for lessons on how to do a back to back race effort on two different bikes.

s

Well I could have the ninja ready in the pits, I just meant would I have time to get out on the sighting lap and grid up...... but ya know Scott, I won't be able to do any of this until somebody finds my check for my license :lol:

gsnyder828
April 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM

I did back to back races last year on both Sat and Sun - often unsupported. If you're near the front of the first race, don't lolligag on the cool down lap, pit near the pit entrance and let the pre-grid official in on your plan... then yeah, there's "time", but not much.

Otherwise have someone holding your bike @ pre-grid. That's a much better plan. 8)

Throttleroller277
April 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM

I did back to back races last year on both Sat and Sun - often unsupported. If you're near the front of the first race, don't lolligag on the cool down lap, pit near the pit entrance and let the pre-grid official in on your plan... then yeah, there's "time", but not much.

Otherwise have someone holding your bike @ pre-grid. That's a much better plan. 8)

Having someone at pre-grid with your bike, water, and a lit cigarette is the best plan. That's how I did it, and it works great. 8)

jeff healy
April 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Most important part being the lit cigarette!! Its too bad we can't use the flip up faceshield helmets so you could finish that cig durring the first lap!! LOL :D

Throttleroller277
April 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Most important part being the lit cigarette!! Its too bad we can't use the flip up faceshield helmets so you could finish that cig durring the first lap!! LOL :D

I was able to get thru an entire cigarette in about 4 "pulls", plenty of time before the grid sent out for the Hot Lap, but as stated above, I had to hurry in on the previous Cool Down lap, so it didn't cut into my nicotine time...