PDA

View Full Version : Groundbraking!

vort3xr6
March 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=43860

:roll:

JimWilson29
March 31st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Plus we're still half the price. :wink:

rybo
March 31st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Brad,

I commend this action on the USBA's part. Some of their club officials have been in touch with me and others in the club about our program over the winter and decided to move forward.

CVMA and several other clubs are following along as well.

I'm proud that we were first, and VERY successful in doing this. I hope that the USBA finds the same success as I think having a strong region of roadracing in Colorado and Utah only means good things for us.

s

Throttleroller277
March 31st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Plus we're still half the price. :wink:

Actually it's the same considering that with you have to do 2 weekends in order to get your license.

JimWilson29
March 31st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Plus we're still half the price. :wink:

Actually it's the same considering that with you have to do 2 weekends in order to get your license.

I'm looking at it with the standpoint of we charge $100 per SS event. Sorry Jeff.

Throttleroller277
March 31st, 2011, 09:09 AM

Bradley,

Having riden full seasons with the MoM for the first 3 years of Miller's existance, and part of the 4th,... and as the article states, I personaly witnessed that they somewhat were before us on this. In 2006 (maybe 2007 too) they had what they called "Clubman", which was basically the exact same thing. They just haven't done it the past couple seasons.

vort3xr6
March 31st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Apologize if I came off as disrespectful to them for doing this program. It is great. I just think credit should be given where credit is due.

vort3xr6
March 31st, 2011, 09:26 AM

Bradley,

Having riden full seasons with the MoM for the first 3 years of Miller's existance, and part of the 4th,... and as the article states, I personaly witnessed that they somewhat were before us on this. In 2006 (maybe 2007 too) they had what they called "Clubman", which was basically the exact same thing. They just haven't done it the past couple seasons.

Didn't know they had done it before.

But cheers to all clubs that are emulating a successful program.

Jon
March 31st, 2011, 05:18 PM
The USBA has a long way to go as Miller's a very, very expensive facility to rent and though the track does share some of the expense the ridership is much smaller due to the mostly Mormon population that really doesn't recreate on Sundays. The USBA/MOM series really relies upon out of state racers and really survived the first several seasons off of that. Now that CO has there own facilities, none of the Colorado contingent is traveling there they are relying more on the Idaho racers of which there are many. The MRA has done a very good job of forward thinking, promotion and etc and I commend you all but we must all go forward or we'll lose our competition. Best of luck to our club and to all who are struggling in this economy that won't be correcting itself for quite some time yet I assure you all.

Clarkie
March 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Didn't know they had done it before.
Motorcycle racing outside the MRA, yes it does exist :wink:

Throttleroller277
April 1st, 2011, 08:25 AM
The USBA has a long way to go as Miller's a very, very expensive facility to rent and though the track does share some of the expense the ridership is much smaller due to the mostly Mormon population that really doesn't recreate on Sundays. The USBA/MOM series really relies upon out of state racers and really survived the first several seasons off of that. Now that CO has there own facilities, none of the Colorado contingent is traveling there they are relying more on the Idaho racers of which there are many. The MRA has done a very good job of forward thinking, promotion and etc and I commend you all but we must all go forward or we'll lose our competition. Best of luck to our club and to all who are struggling in this economy that won't be correcting itself for quite some time yet I assure you all.

If I had the $$ I'd still be racing out there...

DarkKnight
April 1st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Id love to run Miller but as money gets tighter and gas more expensive - its not looking good.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
April 2nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
Really? Noooo .. surely you jest.

JimWilson29
April 3rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Really? Noooo .. surely you jest.

James, you're on sabbatical and supposed to be riding your KTM in Moab.

GSXRScott
April 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Best of luck to our club and to all who are struggling in this economy that won't be correcting itself for quite some time yet I assure you all.

Yup. The most populated grid at the CCS Southwest race last weekend was Unlimited Supersport with 10 riders. All the other races, even the middleweight races saw only about 6 or 7 racers on the grid.