PDA

View Full Version : Helmet question

SOCAL4LIFE!!
March 26th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I have a Arai Corsair RX-7 with a date stamp of 2005. I bought the helmet new in 2006 and it has been basically sitting on a shelf for almost the last two years while I was deployed. Are the race techs going to require me to get a new helmet before the race school or races this year? Thanks for any help.

The GECCO
March 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Yes. The only thing that matters is the date code.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
March 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Thats what I was afraid of and figured but thought I would ask befor dropping several hundred dollars on a helmet without knowing for sure. Thanks for the help.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
March 26th, 2011, 07:45 PM
So a follow up question if I may. Can I purchase a helmet that has a number on it or are those not authorized?

sheispoison
March 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Rule book doesn't say anything about helmet graphics, but your race number should be on the chin bar of the helmet. Guys use anything from custom made decals to mailbox numbers to duct tape with your number written on it.
I think if you got say a Colin Edwards helmet with the big number 5 on it it'd be fine as long as your number is on the chin.
carl

dragos13
March 28th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Rule book doesn't say anything about helmet graphics, but your race number should be on the chin bar of the helmet. Guys use anything from custom made decals to mailbox numbers to duct tape with your number written on it.
I think if you got say a Colin Edwards helmet with the big number 5 on it it'd be fine as long as your number is on the chin.
carl

That is correct. Helmet graphics can be anything you want. Just get your own rider number on the chin bar in the event you are knocked unconcious during a race the medics can identify you easily.