PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers w/medical knowledge?

Boostedxt
March 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hey guys. I don't know who I would talk to about this so I figured I would just post it here. My schedule is going to be changing a bit so I might have some saturdays and Sundays free. I was thinking, if needed and my schedule allows to come out and volunteer as a corner guy and medical guy during races and or practices. I currently have NREMT/CO EMT-B and IV approval through the state. Is there a need for the races or do you hire out a private company like action care or pridemark?

Thanks
Joe

vort3xr6
March 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
bump for a stand up guy. Always good to have more medical staff on hand.

rybo
March 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Joe,

I have two options for you.

1) Join up with us as a corner worker. Ray Gaimara is our Track Marshall and he will be offering training during our race school weekend and throughout the season. We pay our corner crew during the season. You can reach him by PM on here (ray-ray) or by email rgaimara (at) gmail.com

2) We hire a professional Ambulance EMT company to staff all of our races with qualified people. They sometimes have job openings. If you want more info about that please get in touch with me by private message.

Scott

Boostedxt
April 6th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hey Sorry for the delay. my wife and I made a random trip to Iowa to see the newest niece in the family.

Thanks for the info Rybo. I figured you hired out to a private company. You have a PM coming your way.

Thanks
Joe