PDA

View Full Version : Rider Rep Rulebook Position - Needs to be filled

dragos13
March 10th, 2011, 06:51 AM
As announced last night at the General Meeting, the position for Rider Rep Rulebook is now open for the 2011 Season and will need to be filled by April 11th in time for the start of racing. Please read the job description below and post in this thread, or send me a PM if you are interested in applying. No resume is required to apply at this time but bringing one to the interview process definitely won't hurt.

• Responsible for knowing the rulebook inside and out
• Being available at all races to help with any rulebook decisions or protests
• Assisting racers at the race weekends with any issues
• Assisting as an instructor at the race school
• Assisting as a Superstreet instructor at every race weekend
• Attending all Board and General Meetings
• Compiling new rule suggestions and managing suggestion thread online
• Coordinating and conducting rulebook committee meeting
• Preparing finalized rulebook for publishing including new rules and correcting text and format
• Attending MRA bike shows and promoting the club in a professional manner at all times
• Backing up and assisting other Board of Directors with their duties

A lot has changed from the days of being on the board and just getting to race for free. While being a Board Member has its benefits, it comes with even more responsibility. This position is specific to understanding the wording and text of the rulebook and how to interrupt it accurately. The above list is a brief outline of what your duties will include. You must be flexible and also reliable. Making every meeting (Board Meetings on the second Monday of each month and General Meetings on the second Wednesday of each month) as well as attending every race weekend is mandatory for this position. If you don’t feel you can positively make all of these events, this position probably isn’t for you. However, if you are dedicated to the club and ready to make this commitment and join a great Board, please post below or send me a PM. If you have any questions, again post in this thread or send me a PM. I will be happy to answer any questions and assist with the full understanding of this position. Interviews will be held at the next Board Meeting on April 11th so be sure you are available that afternoon. Good luck to all that apply 8)

Current applicants: 7

sheispoison
March 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hey Casey,
With a lot of thought, I've de decided I'd like to run for the rider rep position. Of all the rider rep positions, this is the one that interests me the most. Let me know what the next step is. I hear your going to the fire department, congratulations! Very noble move!
carl

dragos13
March 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks Carl, I will get you on the list. You will receive a specific time for your interview on the 11th via PM or email over the next two weeks. Good luck bro!

d_mob
March 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
*Edit* - Upon further consideration, this just isn't the position for me. I'll hold out and will apply when another comes up that fits my skill sets.

Thanks --

dragos13
March 15th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Sounds good David :)

dragos13
March 21st, 2011, 01:38 PM
Heads up - All racers must apply by the cutoff date of Monday March 28th to be eligible for the Rider Rep position.

If you are interested please let me know by that time, thanks!

oldtimer
March 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Bump, tomorrow is the cut off for candidate nominations. Please post up or ping Casey if you want to interview for the Rider Rep Rulebook position. Thanks!

dragos13
March 29th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Deadline to apply has been reached.

All candidates will receive an email or PM notifying you of the time for you interview. Interviews will be held on April 11th. See you all then!