PDA

View Full Version : HPR track day on Saturday

mgarvey661
March 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Is anyone planning to head out to HPR on Saturday? The weather forecast as of now (like that matters) calls for partly cloudy skies, 0% chance of rain, and a high of 59 degrees. Sounds like a nice enough day to get some laps in. I'm dying to get on the track again, and looking at the HPR calendar there aren't many opportunities between now and the first race to get some track time in.

The GECCO
March 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Saturday is the Daytona 200, so I doubt there will be sufficient signups as most racers will be glued to the TV.

That being said, the "TBD" weekends are backup dates in case the NASA school and/or MRA school weekends get weathered out. If not needed as backup dates they will convert to weekend lapping, so that will provide additional opportunities before the first race.

Mforza
March 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I'll be there if it's nice :D
Requested day off for that day :D

jgixxer1
March 7th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I want to get out there also. Been itching to take out the Berg. Its only been around the block a few times. Is Saturday the last day for winter pricing? Will any of the "TBD" days be winter priced? I know the Daytona 200 is that day and I wanted to watch it also, but track time sounds better. Never been to HPR either.

I emailed the guys I ride with from down here and if they want to go (pretty sure they will) that will be 3 sign-ups. Is 10 the minimum? When do we need signed up by to make it a-go?

mgarvey661
March 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I know Daytona is on Saturday and that Ricky is getting ready to set the record for most miles ever traveled there (CONGRATULATIONS!!), but isn't that what they made DVRs for?

cromer611
March 8th, 2011, 12:19 AM
especially with speed, you will get 50% commercials. and all progressive might i add.

or they will brake to commercial during a heated battle....... *facepalm*

random hero
March 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
especially with speed, you will get 50% commercials. and all progressive might i add.

I'm just hoping the video feed is better than WSBK... I thought I time traveled back into the 80's watching the opening round, the picture was so horrible. I guess count our blessings, at least we get to watch motorcycles in some fashion.

jmaher
March 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM

TiVo! I start watching about 10-15 minutes after it starts and zip through the commercials.

Joe

mgarvey661
March 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Let's get a count here. Who's recording the race and going to HPR?

I'm in!

Mforza
March 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
In :) +1?

jgixxer1
March 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM
+3 from down south if my ride doesn't have to work Saturday. Unfortunately he won't know until Thursday or Friday. Man it sucks having a POS for a truck that can only be trusted in town.

spideyrdr
March 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
+3 from down south if my ride doesn't have to work Saturday. Unfortunately he won't know until Thursday or Friday. Man it sucks having a POS for a truck that can only be trusted in town.

It's better to have a truck that you can only trust in town than a wife or girlfriend that you can't trust when you're out of town!

I don't think I will be able to make it to the track this weekend. I thought the 20th was a motorcycle day too but it shows up as the NASA now. Am I imagining that being a motorcycle day just 2 weeks ago?

jgixxer1
March 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM
It's better to have a truck that you can only trust in town than a wife or girlfriend that you can't trust when you're out of town!

You're right, it could be worse. I'm limpin' my truck up there if my other ride can't make it. Count me in.

mgarvey661
March 9th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm all in! Money has been paid.

Ps Bart told me that Daytona is getting rescheduled. So grab a six-pack, put your bike back together, and head out Saturday morning for some fun in the sun. 61 degrees and mostly sunny sounds like a good trackday to me.

Mforza
March 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Got other 2 guys going with me.
So it's me +2 :)

mgarvey661
March 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Just checked the HPR Hotline and it says that the track will be closed on Saturday as not enough people signed up. Track closed on Saturday!!

Mforza
March 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Where did you see that? i just signed up today! It still says Sat lapping day for motorcycles. and my friends planning to sign up this afternoon!
:?

Mforza
March 11th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Crap, confirmed :( No track day! :(
And it's so nice out, it will be perfect :( Oh well.

jgixxer1
March 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
You guys should all head up to IMI.

HAMMER
March 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yep Imi :lol: :shock:

mgarvey661
March 11th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I've driven the go carts out at IMI, but I couldn't see the R6 being too much fun. Hammer I know you've got an R6, is it actually fun at IMI? I don't think there's anywhere to get out of second gear, if you even get into second.

HAMMER
March 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Ya I never had too much fun on the six ... I'm bringing my nsf 100 and my kx65 super moto.. the 250 on the other hand is super fun .. you can use gears 1-4 and actually haul some nuts .... draging pegs all over ... buuuuuut... if you wanna get the six out and practice a few low speed corners and get the cobwebs out for 45 ( I think ) bucks ya can't go wrong .... plus a bunch of the guys will be there .. and its funny watching people smoke 450s on a kx65 .... :oops:

jamesfromkent
March 12th, 2011, 08:21 AM
There will be four of us heading to IMI. Packing up now. Taking 2 supermotos and a 675 between us.

HAMMER
March 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Good times today boyz 8)

Bueller999
March 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Absolutely! You guys need to bring out the ninjas :lol: