PDA

View Full Version : Race / Track Day Photos - Photographer Access?

JustSomeDude
March 7th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm a Denver photographer looking to get some race/track day photos for my portfolio. I'm a member over at CSC and have some experience with my bike on the track; but now I'd like to spend some time off the bike photographing other riders.

I posted up at CSC offering free photos to anyone willing to give me a ride to the track and cover my meals, but that didn't seem to go too well. :) Others had advised me to post up here at MRA... so here I am.

I'm serious about photography and getting experience at the track/races, and wondering who I can contact to get track credentials/access. I realize there are already some established photogs who work with the MRA and sponsored teams, and I do not want to step on anyone's toes. However, if it is possible for me to get track access to photograph events, if only to expand my portfolio and provide photos to interested riders - I'd appreciate any help that can be provided.

For those who want more info, I do have a website you can visit... www.akphotodenver.com.

Thanks!

JimWilson29
March 7th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Track credentials for photographers are handled by the MRA's secretary, Jen Grosse, in the race day office the mornings of our race weekends. There is a limited number so be sure to get there early.

JustSomeDude
March 7th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Track credentials for photographers are handled by the MRA's secretary, Jen Grosse, in the race day office the mornings of our race weekends. There is a limited number so be sure to get there early.

Thanks for the info UDR!! Is there a fee ?

Chadwick929
March 8th, 2011, 08:49 AM
It's free. Just go in there, sign your life away, and get your pass. ;)

Ray-Ray
March 8th, 2011, 08:54 AM

To take photos is free but you must pay gate entry of $10.

Chadwick929
March 8th, 2011, 08:55 AM

To take photos is free but you must pay gate entry of $10.
Werd. Or bring a friend and have a 2 for 1 coupon with you.

Mforza
March 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'll be glad to help you out and take you to the races but I'll be going there Thu. night or Fri. morning and I'll be leaving on Sat. night.
I do not know if that will work for you.

JustSomeDude
March 8th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I'll be glad to help you out and take you to the races but I'll be going there Thu. night or Fri. morning and I'll be leaving on Sat. night.
I do not know if that will work for you.

That sounds great! I'll take a free ride anyway I can! Do you go regularly all season - or to select events?

Mforza
March 9th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I plan to do the whole season. I hope :D