PDA

View Full Version : Quick shifter problem

Mforza
March 1st, 2011, 08:21 PM
Anyone knows how to check quick shifter if it's working without riding the bike?
Mine will not work so I would like to find out what's wrong. :(
Thx

spideyrdr
March 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Sounds like a trick question. How do you know if it's NOT working without riding it? :)

Thoughts: What type of quick shifter, is it push or pull, what is the symptom of 'not working'? I doubt that I can be a huge help but maybe with some more info one of the smarter, non-noob riders can help out.

Electroman
March 2nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
Martin,

One can test the quick shifter with a multimeter. There are two wires associated with the quick shifter. Disconnect the quick shifter from the power commander. Set the multimeter to test resistance. Attach the multimeter to the two wires on the quick shifter via its connector. I would use two small wires inserted in the connector. Be aware the connector could get damaged if the wires are too large. Pull, or push, on the quick shifter. You should see a large change in resistance. As I recall, the resistance goes from infinite to zero, upon actuation.

Good luck.

Mforza
March 2nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Sounds like a trick question. How do you know if it's NOT working without riding it? :)

Thoughts: What type of quick shifter, is it push or pull, what is the symptom of 'not working'? I doubt that I can be a huge help but maybe with some more info one of the smarter, non-noob riders can help out.

I know it's not working. I was riding with it before :)

Rod, thx for the help. That's what I was thinking. The only thing will be after I test it then do you think I will have to get the powercomander reprogramed for that if I find the quickshifter is OK?
The quickshifter was brand new when I instaled it and it never worked, so maybe something with the PC?
I will test it and give you a call :)
It's PK-Power quickshifter (push) and looks like I'm the only one having problem with it :(

peteremsley
March 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
If I recall correctly, the QS should come with the software to let the PC know it is there. I believe that his how they justify the insane price of a simple switch.

You can program the kill duration and minimum RPM. If you don't have the software, you can get it from dynojet if you can prove you have a genuine QS.

jplracing
March 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM

I know it's not working. I was riding with it before :)

Rod, thx for the help. That's what I was thinking. The only thing will be after I test it then do you think I will have to get the powercomander reprogramed for that if I find the quickshifter is OK?
The quickshifter was brand new when I instaled it and it never worked, so maybe something with the PC?
I will test it and give you a call :)
It's PK-Power quickshifter (push) and looks like I'm the only one having problem with it :(

Martin

From the sounds of it you never programmed the PC3 to operate the q/s.

I would do a google search to locate the q/s software. Download it to a laptop, the plug the lap top into the pc3 with the bike running and activate the software...your q/s won't work without it

Joe

Mforza
March 2nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Martin

From the sounds of it you never programmed the PC3 to operate the q/s.

I would do a google search to locate the q/s software. Download it to a laptop, the plug the lap top into the pc3 with the bike running and activate the software...your q/s won't work without it

Joe

Ha, that might be it! :D
When i got the QS it only said to plug it in. Nothing about the software. :?

I wil give it a try :D Thx Joe

Mforza
March 2nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Anyone have this software? Ican't find it anywhere :(
If so can you email it to me :) mcolorado@seznam.cz
Thx

Bartman
March 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
You can download it from the PC web site or bring me your PC and I will flash it for you.

Mforza
March 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
You can download it from the PC web site or bring me your PC and I will flash it for you.

I was looking for it on the PC web site but could not find it :(
I think I'll stop by in Faster with my PC. Are you open on Fri.?
Thx Bart :)

Bartman
March 3rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Yea friday would be fine, will only take a few minutes to update the software and enable the QS.