PDA

View Full Version : Tire Tech Seminar

Sol Performance
March 1st, 2011, 08:03 PM
So, as the start of the season is coming up I wanted to put on a tire seminar for everyone and anyone that could benefit from it.

When: March 19th 2011 @ 2pm

Where: 233 S. Madison St. Loveland, Co 80537

Why: To share knowledge about street and track tires

Who: Me..and everyone else that comes

I am just posting this now so I can get some sort of feedback of what topics you guys (and gals) would like to have covered.

So far I have:
Sizes
Pressures
Street vs. Race tires
DOT vs. Slick
Warmers
Tearing
Operating temps for street vs. track tires
'cupping'
carcass stiffness's
"Born on" date

If you think something should be added to the list, please let me know. I will update this post when I have a location. I just wanted to give as much notice for the time and date.

Please let me know if you are interested so I can make sure to have enough space for every one... possibly hand outs as well.

(Note: this is not a Dunlop only oriented seminar. It will be generic to apply for all tires)

303 cycle
March 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Nice! Count me in Oscar!

Jon
March 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM
That is an excellent idea and an excellent opportunity to teach not only new racers but the older ones as well.
Tire technology has changed so much through the years since I began and where they used to be squarish to match the wheels of the day, they are now round and of radial construction.
Seriously, though this is a great idea and Ill do my best to be there. I would suggest some discussion on suspension rebound and it's ability to affect not only the handling of the bike but the life of the tire as well.
Again, great Sol and thanks for making it available. I look forward to it.

KFinn
March 2nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Damn! Wish I could attend this... I have a friends bachelor party to go to....

Bartman
March 3rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
You could prolly have somebody video it and Oscar could send it to all his riders that can not attend on that night. Just a thought.

jmaher
March 3rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
I would like to attend this.

Joe

vort3xr6
March 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
I will be there.

Sol Performance
March 9th, 2011, 06:06 AM
bump

Original post has been updated with location. I know it's not it Denver, but I hope that everyone can make it and enjoy getting out of the chaos known as traffic. :)

giovannir6
March 9th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Nicey Nice, I plan to go. Thanks!!!

Sol Performance
March 18th, 2011, 06:04 AM
just a reminder that this is being held tomorrow. Yes, I will go over what happened at daytona too and how to make sure it doesn't happen to you!

see you there!

Sol Performance
March 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Forgot to mention that there will be a rep from the super street class at the seminar to talk about the superstreet class in the case you might have questions about it.

Two birds, one stone type deal. :)

Sol Performance
March 20th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks to everyone that came out to the seminar. I will take everyone's comment and questions into consideration for the next one.

Thanks again!!