PDA

View Full Version : IMI info-

Dodd
February 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
So the KX500 roadracer is getting close to completion and the weather is getting warmer so I'm going to need to get this beast out to test n' tune-

I would like to do some work on a smaller track like IMI before I go out to the bigger tracks.

What qualifications do you need or how do you go about getting out at IMI for lapping? Besides paying the fee and signing a waiver I mean.

I checked the website and didn't see-

Thanks,
Dodd

rybo
February 27th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hey Dodd,

IMI is pretty much no restriction. Pay the fee, sign the waiver, have a helmet.

Other than that I'm not aware of any restrictions. Please make sure to check their schedule to see if they have other events (kart races, supermoto races) scheduled. This time of year there isn't much going on there.

Cost was $35 a day last year, I'm guessing it will be about the same this year.

S

Bueller999
February 27th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Try to do a weekday. You will be at the mercy of the rental karts(they are priority), you can get good track time on weekends but you have to jump on it when you get the chance so if you are in the middle of "adjustments" you will likely not get out in the alloted session. If you do go on the weekend be there @ opening and get right to business, it'll be cool so jetting and tire testing is suspect but you can get some laps.

I am likely going Tues, or Weds.

Dodd
February 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys. I'm still a bit away, I have to get the front rotor so I can have a caliper relocator machined (They don't make em' at all for the pre 94 KX5) plus some radiators and maybe have my rear wheel off set from the hub a bit.

But I'm w/ in a month or so. (PS Dave, that gearing calculator you sent me the link to is effin awesome)

Thanks again
Dodd

irdave
March 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Dodd.

Let me know when you're going to do this- Getting the external suspension adjustments close before you get started will go a long ways towards getting it working properly... And not cursing me! I'll meet you down there and we can spend a little time working on it.

vort3xr6
March 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Me and Nik will be at IMI tomorrow ripping around the Minimoto's. Come on out if you want to play.

Dodd
March 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys-

Dave I'm still a week or so out, I have to get my brembo caliper and have Jay come up with a bracket for it. other than that, the radiators should be in today and after a new chain, I should be good to go.

I'll let you know-

Dodd

GM Man
April 14th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hey Dodd, I got a 2000 KX500 and I'm thinking about doing the SM treatment to it so I can ride it on the track. I'm curious what all did you have to modify to your KX to get it ready? Mine is mostly stock other than some fat bars.

Thanks!