PDA

View Full Version : No more "test -n- tune" at La Junta

The GECCO
September 3rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
The title says it all, effective immediately there will no longer be any open test and tune track time available at La Junta. The only way to get on the track will be with an organization that has rented the facility and carries its own liability insurance policy.

I can only assume that this decision is related, at least partly, to what happened with Gene and Aaron. While it may not seem like it, this decision was made with the best interests of the track in mind - removing the liabilities associated with open test and tune will insure that the track stays open in the long run.

I know that this decision, on top of the other incidents at the track over the past season and our last event there, will stir some conversation. The Board will not tolerate any bashing of the city staff that made this decision or of the facility itself. We need to work with the city in order to insure the track will continue to be financially viable so it will be there for us to use in the future. There will likely be additional changes surrounding this facility in the near future. Please do not speculate or stir the rumor mill, I will do my best to stay on top of what is happening and get solid information out to the membership when I can.

Thanks,
Glenn