PDA

View Full Version : Transponders for 2011

mgarvey661
February 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but...

I noticed on this year's application that each racer will be required to own their own transponder for the upcoming season. Will the MRA be selling its stash? If so, I call dibs on the cream of the crop. If not, well, why not? Thanks, and if these needs to be moved, please accept my apologies.

The GECCO
February 4th, 2011, 12:30 AM
The MRA's current stash is reserved for event rentals, first come first served. You'll save money by buying your own. Bite the bullet and buy a new one, it will be easy to sell if you ever need to.

dragos13
February 4th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Last year this was also required. They sold off as many as they could and kept enough for a rental fleet.

Check other sites like Wera or Ebay if you don't want to buy new.

Munch
February 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
On a side note, what are the plans going forward with regard to transponders? I know we had some issues last year, and there were some discussions around replacing/upgrading systems. These sticking around for a few years?

Ray-Ray
February 4th, 2011, 08:35 AM
On a side note, what are the plans going forward with regard to transponders? I know we had some issues last year, and there were some discussions around replacing/upgrading systems. These sticking around for a few years?

Yes, we will be using the current system for the foreseeable future.

rybo
February 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Scott,

I'll expand on Ray's answer by saying that we looked into a different technology pretty hard last year and found that while it solves SOME of the problems we have with the current AMB setup it creates all new problems that there don't seem to be good fixes for yet.

In this case the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. AMB repaired our decoder box last year and placed a warranty on that repair. I don't see us making a big change anytime soon.

See you soon!

Scott