PDA

View Full Version : Confirm Race School Dates?

JoeZilla1
January 26th, 2011, 11:52 PM
This may have been clarified already, but I noticed that the race school date is listed as the weekend of April 8th in the MRA New Racer forum. However, in the Club Announcements forum Race Schedule post, Race School is listed as being on the weekend of April 16th. Can someone confirm which weekend it is being held?

Thanks,

--Joe

T Baggins
January 27th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Not exactly... :lol:

Here's the deal. As of this moment, the FRIDAY NIGHT CLASSROOM will be on Friday, April 8th 2011.

The track session will be your choice of either a Saturday OR Sunday.

Here's where it's tricky...

Depending on weather, we'll do the track session EITHER that weekend (April 9th & 10th) or the FOLLOWING weekend (April 16th & 17th). We'll make the decison on Friday the 8th at the classroom. So be prepared to run on the 9th or 10th - with the 16/17 as a backup.

IF another club wants to rent one or the other of those weekends, then we'll have to commit to one or the other. If that happens, we'll get the word out.

Sorry it's such a cluster, but we've had pretty lousy weather on at least one of the track session days for the last couple years. We're hoping that by doing it this way everyone gets the best weather and best experience possible...

JoeZilla1
January 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Not a cluster at all! That actually makes very good sense. Being Colorado and all, it could rain frogs among other things....

Thanks for clarifying.

--Joe

dmart
February 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Not sure if I am going to race but can I attend the school if I am not planning on racing this season?

JimWilson29
February 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Not sure if I am going to race but can I attend the school if I am not planning on racing this season?

Most definately! :D

The GECCO
February 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM

It's highly recommended regardless of your intention to race or not. Lots of riders take the school every year who never intend to race, it's a great way to refresh your skills and get ready for the upcoming season.

Jon
February 21st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Little bit of advice as I attended my first race school back in 90' and though it rained throughout the day, I found the experience enlightening. If you can learn to relax and be smooth in sketchy conditions you can learn to be fast, maybe even faster, once the conditions are dry. Being CO you will eventually race in the rain and you will face the obvious question is it safe? Is it best to get it under your belt before or after it has some bearing on your championship position. You be the judge but I promise you you could do worse than pushing the limits under the watchful eyes of corner crew and with an ambulance on site and it's worth it just for the experience.

random hero
February 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Can we just do the track portion that weekend if we did the school last year?

T Baggins
February 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM

You'd have to check with Sir Brownie - but with a "new" New Rider Director and updates to curriculum, do you really want to miss out on the class?

Throttleroller277
February 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM

Give me a call, and we can discuss:

303-210-0425

spideyrdr
February 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM

How about the other way around? Can we attend the classroom session even if we simply can't do the track time? Like a auditing a college class, I suppose, without the lab portion! :idea:

High Roller
March 2nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have the link to print the .pdf for the race school to get registered? The link in the New Rider Q&A seems to be down.

Louis

KFinn
March 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Thread located under MRA Entry , Membership Forms & Rulebook section seen here
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10953

The link you need is in the first post, second link.
http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011%20Race%20School%20Packet.pdf

JimWilson29
March 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Does anyone have the link to print the .pdf for the race school to get registered? The link in the New Rider Q&A seems to be down.

Louis

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011%20Race%20School%20Packet.pdf

High Roller
March 3rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
AND one last question :D

anyone have the link for the required "Annual Participant Release Waiver"? I swear i looked and searched for it!

Much appreciated.

Louis

JimWilson29
March 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
AND one last question :D

anyone have the link for the required "Annual Participant Release Waiver"? I swear i looked and searched for it!

Much appreciated.

Louis

It's part of the membership application packet - http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011_Membership_Application_Packet.pdf

spideyrdr
March 18th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Has it been determined what time will the classroom and track sessions run? Thanks!

Throttleroller277
March 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Classroom doors to open at 6:00, class to start around 7:00

Saturday/sunday the alternating track session times are still to be determined.

random hero
March 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
Brownie... how far out will you guys pin down the lapping day, sat or sun?

Throttleroller277
March 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
So far we are still scheduled for April 9th. At this point we are going to wait until that Friday to make the change, unless it looks just absolutely terrible leading up to it

random hero
April 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I couldn't find the info anywhere... but is the friday night classroom going to be held at Fay Meyers on Arapaho RD?

T Baggins
April 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Yep. I thought there was a thread somewhere on this... maybe it got buried. I'll ping Sir Brownie to get something posted up...

rybo
April 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Look Here!

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12289

Also if you're registered for the school you should have gotten an email from me with the details last night.

Please PM me if you sent in a race school application and did not get an email confirmation.

Thanks!

Scott

JimWilson29
April 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
The Fay Myers clubhouse entrance is on the west side of the building between the main entrance and the service entrance. There is a sign that says "Clubhouse". There will also be an MRA banner set up outside the door for the directionally challenged.

KFinn
April 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
There will also be an MRA banner set up outside the door for the directionally challenged. Does it flash purty colors and yell out, "here i am, over here dummy"?