PDA

View Full Version : brake line

jmaher
January 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I have a Galfer rear brake line on my 05 ZX6RR. It seems about an inch or so too long and rubs against my rear tire. Where can I buy these based on length rather than bike fitment?

Thanks,

Joe

The GECCO
January 22nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
Why not just rivit or zip tie it so that it doesn't rub?

And, honestly, why have a fancy rear brake line anyway? If you're using the rear brake anywhere near hard enough to need it, you're doing something wrong IMHO.

I'd consider taking my rear brake off if the rules allowed it, it's just ballast as far as I'm concerned...unless the front brakes fail, which is why they don't let you remove it!

jmaher
January 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
I tried zip ties, but that did not seem to help. The layout of the rear swing arm does not facilitate it. I just like having a better braided brake line so that when I lay it down again there is less chance of spraying brake fluid all over the track causing some to crash into me as I am slip sliding away. It needs to be replaced anyway so I might as well do it right.

Joe

Clarkie
January 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'd consider taking my rear brake off if the rules allowed it, it's just ballast as far as I'm concerned...unless the front brakes fail, which is why they don't let you remove it!

Friggin Cheater! :D

The GECCO
January 22nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
What's your point?? :wink:

Clarkie
January 22nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
Just jealous I didn't think of it :D

Munch
January 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I run Spiegler's... cutom fit by length as well as end bend angle...

http://www.spieglerusa.com/linecombo/