PDA

View Full Version : 03' R6 Fairing stay

spideyrdr
January 22nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
I got new bodywork for my '03 R6 and the upper just isn't fitting quite right. Looking at the Graves fairing stay, it appears it may be totally out of whack (perhaps it was 'adjusted' to fit the old upper).

Does anyone have a spare fairing stay for an 03' R6 that I could borrow to see if my hypothesis is right? If my stay is in fact mangled, I may be interested in buying the loaner.

I am in the south Denver area so if anyone can help me out, please pm me! Thanks!

Jamie

spideyrdr
January 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Alternatively, if someone could measure the distance (center to center) between the top holes on their '03-05 R6 fairing stay and let me know the distance, I would know if I am way off base on this theory.

peteremsley
January 22nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
I don't have a spare to offer, but he holes in the ends of the ears of my morse stay are about 13" apart with the bodywork mounted.

I'm near Arapahoe and University if you want to come take a look.

spideyrdr
January 22nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks Peter! That info gave me enough reason to pull off my stay. My top holes were only 11-1/2" apart, so something definitely was afoot. I widened the gap and adjusted the previously mangled bottom tab for the air intakes and I am a lot closer to having things lined up.

Thank you again! I appreciate it.

btw, I am at Arapahoe and Holly! 'Howdy neighbor!'

Jamie

N1K
January 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I've got one you can use for checking if ya want