PDA

View Full Version : What shop do you like to use for services and why?

N1K
January 21st, 2011, 02:43 PM
Looking around for a shop to take stock stuff to and some of my junk from time to time for services. Mostly cause we just dont feel like doing it anymore and busy with other projects and stuff.
Was wondering what you guys do for your street/dirt bikes,quads,ohv's,scooters etc and your race stuff. How much of it do you do or do you not do? Some folks do it all and some dont touch umm.
Why and how did you chose the shop you did?

N1K
January 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
oh well ok good to know good to know.

beavis
January 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Faster for everything. they recently moved so check the forum for their new address.

polar x
January 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Faster...plain and simple, they do good work and are good people. They support the MRA and the racers....Barts an ass, ian even more so...but hey, :wink: that just adds character to the place. Seriously, they are all good people and do good work. Plus they are friends. :P

benfoxmra95
January 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Faster...plain and simple, they do good work and are good people. They support the MRA and the racers....Barts an ass, ian even more so...but hey, :wink: that just adds character to the place. Seriously, they are all good people and do good work. Plus they are friends. :P

coonshead, where have you been?

have you gotten a chance to fly the a380?

J&K 808
January 27th, 2011, 06:25 AM
FASTER!!!! ALLWAYS TREATED ME RIGHT!!!!!

Bartman
January 27th, 2011, 06:29 PM

It's good to feel the love Cooner thanks, I try to only be a ass to the people I like, thanks for the referals for sure and we will try to keep the MRA flowing.

polar x
January 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM

Hey Ben. 8) ..no, have not flown it, our company fly's all Boeing equipment, but with that said, rumor has it that there are some A380 freighter versions on the horizon...but like all rumors, I will believe it when I have a class date. Chances are if they do have slots for them, they are for investment purposes rather than line flying purpose. Plus we have a LOT of Boeing bucks for the dreamliner delays...need to spend those too. :roll:

benfoxmra95
January 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
the "daylateanddollarshortliner" yeah that thing looks sweet..

the last flight on a 47 i took, i never really noticed but on the ground the wings have to sag 4+ feet? maybe more, when it took off they moved up so high i couldn't see them anylonger from my point of view in the middle seating row.

how many years can those things fly? they seem to be getting a little dated. there's gotta be a point when they're like ok this things been fatigued a couple hundred thousand times so it needs retired?

Hey Ben. 8) ..no, have not flown it, our company fly's all Boeing equipment, but with that said, rumor has it that there are some A380 freighter versions on the horizon...but like all rumors, I will believe it when I have a class date. Chances are if they do have slots for them, they are for investment purposes rather than line flying purpose. Plus we have a LOT of Boeing bucks for the dreamliner delays...need to spend those too. :roll:

oldtimer
February 1st, 2011, 02:55 PM
Faster! Bart is the man.

Munch
February 1st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Boulder Motorsports for all things Ducati :)

Bartman
February 2nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Brian is the man for Ducks for sure even if they are Euro Trash. :twisted:

polar x
February 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
the "daylateanddollarshortliner" yeah that thing looks sweet..

the last flight on a 47 i took, i never really noticed but on the ground the wings have to sag 4+ feet? maybe more, when it took off they moved up so high i couldn't see them anylonger from my point of view in the middle seating row.

how many years can those things fly? they seem to be getting a little dated. there's gotta be a point when they're like ok this things been fatigued a couple hundred thousand times so it needs retired?

The first 747-400 came out in 1985 and is still flying. They will fly literally forever as long as you keep them up. And your right, the wings flex up and down 4-10 feet. There is some good videos showing the fatigue test and the wings go through an arc of 25' :shock: before they snap. Pretty amazing to see. Gives you confidence though. We will keep flying them until they cost more than they make in profits. Cost around 15K an hour to operate.

Jon
February 2nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Man ole man nothing gives a passenger more confidence than some of the stories, that my good buddy who flies for United, refuses to tell me.
Seriously though, it's good to know that when I see the wings of the latest Airbus flex up and down that I know that it was built by someone besides Boeing. :lol:

polar x
February 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Man ole man nothing gives a passenger more confidence than some of the stories, that my good buddy who flies for United, refuses to tell me.
Seriously though, it's good to know that when I see the wings of the latest Airbus flex up and down that I know that it was built by someone besides Boeing. :lol:

Boeing makes a plane for Pilots, Airbus makes a plane for techies. I will fly whatever the boss pays me to fly, but I prefer to fly an AIRPLANE that needs a Pilot instead of a computer nerd. To each there own.

Jon
February 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
As I am mostly just a passenger these days in my flying endeavors, I cannot fault you and your wishes to barrel roll an airplane without the input of the computer saying you shouldn't. But should I ever join you on one of your flights, please resist the temptation as I will hurl on your plane.

benfoxmra95
February 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM

Boeing makes a plane for Pilots, Airbus makes a plane for techies. I will fly whatever the boss pays me to fly, but I prefer to fly an AIRPLANE that needs a Pilot instead of a computer nerd. To each there own.

Just so you know I was only poking fun at the dreamliner, I really only know what I read in the news about it, and it's been late to arrive on the scene and delayed multiple times.

I am 100% behind american made things on our own soil. The French can have the a380. A engineering marvel no doubt. But this country needs as much in country manufacturing as possible and aviation is one thing where we still make things here.

Coonsman, how much to fly car and bike to Australia?

polar x
February 4th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Just so you know I was only poking fun at the dreamliner, I really only know what I read in the news about it, and it's been late to arrive on the scene and delayed multiple times.

I am 100% behind american made things on our own soil. The French can have the a380. A engineering marvel no doubt. But this country needs as much in country manufacturing as possible and aviation is one thing where we still make things here.

Coonsman, how much to fly car and bike to Australia?

our sister company flys to Sidney out of ORD. If you are serious I can try to see what the cost is. I assume you want all the paper work and hazmat shit taken care of too? I can promise you it wont be cheap and even if I get it at employee rate it would be cheaper (guessing) to ship it via container instead of pallet. Course the difference is weeks for delv versus 2 days!

N1K
February 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Would just like to Thank you guys for all great info. As now I'm so very much so enlightened. Thanks Again. Man this site rocks its so helpful I love this place.