PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Motorcycle Show & Swap, Need Novice Volunteers

JimWilson29
January 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
The MRA will have an exhibit at the 33rd Annual Colorado Motorcycle Show & Swap on Saturday January 29th and Sunday January 30th. We are in need of two novice volunteers each day. This will fullfill your novice hours requirement for 2011. The shifts on Saturday are 9am-2pm and 2pm-7pm. The shifts on Sunday are 10am-2pm and 2pm-6pm. Sunday pm shift will help with moving everything out. Please respond if interested in volunteering.

Saturday Novice Volunteers
9-2 - Samantha Coleman
2-7 - Dennis Stowers
Board members - Jeff, Casey, Jim

Sunday Novice Volunteers
10-2 - Jamie Reinig
2-6 -
Board members - Wyeth, Tony, Ray-Ray, Jim

http://www.comotorcycleshowandswap.com/images/MotorcycleShowPoster2011.jpg

N1K
January 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cool I can do the second shift on sat and all day sunday.

jmaher
January 11th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I can't work a whole shift as I am committed to Scooternews, but I would be more than happy to help out for a few hours Saturday.

Joe

KFinn
January 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I will double check my schedule over the next few days to be sure. But as it stands now, I could help out some. If you don't get enough volunteers let me know and I can help out.

I don't want to take the opportunity away from a novice to complete hours since I think I have already finished mine.

N1K
January 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Jim my son has a birthday party I gotta take him to sat so I'm out for that day. Sorry its last min. I just found out about it last night and my lady has to work sat. Sorry man.

N1K
January 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM
We'll let the newbies get hours on this one. I'll get my stuff completed on another plus I'm more then likely not racing this year.

JimWilson29
January 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
We'll let the newbies get hours on this one. I'll get my stuff completed on another plus I'm more then likely not racing this year.

Ok no problem let me know if something changes.

Throttleroller277
January 20th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I'm more then likely not racing this year.

:shock: Now What kind of an attitude is that Son?!! ](*,)

Fastt Racing
January 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Hey it's Dennis Stowers. I can do the Sat morn shift with Sam. If it's full I can do the Sat. afternoon shift.

JimWilson29
January 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hey it's Dennis Stowers. I can do the Sat morn shift with Sam. If it's full I can do the Sat. afternoon shift.

Dennis I will put you down for Saturday afternoon.

Throttleroller277
January 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Which shift am I on Saturday Jim?.... You know which one I want!!... :lol: 8)

JimWilson29
January 21st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Which shift am I on Saturday Jim?.... You know which one I want!!... :lol: 8)

Lol I think the wet t-shirt contest starts at 3....

Throttleroller277
January 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
Perfect! 8)

JimWilson29
January 21st, 2011, 08:56 AM
Jeff I just planned on any board members can come when its convenient for them. I scheduled novices so they have an opportunity to work off their hours.

spideyrdr
January 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Are you still needing anyone? It looks like Sunday is maybe open for some novices and I could work the morning 10-2 if you're needing someone. I could especially pimp the SuperStreet do the stunned and amazed onlookers.

Please let me know if I can help out! Also, what's the suggested attire? I am currently MRA schwag-less and my tux is in storage.

Thanks!
Jamie

Throttleroller277
January 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Also, what's the suggested attire? I am currently MRA schwag-less and my tux is in storage.

Thanks!
Jamie

Not sure if any additional help is needed, as that's Jim's department, but as for attire.... if you can just wear something Sportbike related or pit shirt, that works.

spideyrdr
January 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I got the email about novice hours a bit ago, so I assume help is in fact needed. :)

Jim, please confirm if you need a body on Sunday morning. Also, it looks like the entrance fee is $15. If we're working do we get in free? I am willing to pony up the fee if I gotta but if a secret handshake will get me in gratis, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jamie

JimWilson29
January 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Jamie, I put you down for 10-2 on Sunday. You will be provided a wristband to get in. Call Wyeth or myself when you get there and we will meet you at the entrance. As for attire, if you do not have an MRA shirt please where some kind of motorcycle related shirt; Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawi, Honda, Ducati, AMA, MotoGP, etc.

Thanks for volunteering.

JimWilson29
January 28th, 2011, 05:39 PM
We're all set up and ready for the weekend!

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011swapmeet1.jpg

oldtimer
January 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Looks awesome Jim! Jamie and I will meet you tomorrow morning just before 10 at the front door. :D

JimWilson29
January 31st, 2011, 10:41 AM
Big thanks to everyone that volunteered to work the MRA display this past weekend!

oldtimer
January 31st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yesterday was fun working the show, and I have to give our new novice Jamie a hand--he started as a SuperStreet racer and was a great spokesperson when explaining the program to our visitors!

spideyrdr
January 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks Jim and Wyeth for guiding my through my first novice day! It was fun and great to represent the club for a few hours.

Also, it was great meeting Joe, Kevin, and Ray-Ray as well as the many fine folks from the ABATE crew!

Tony - The most interesting man in the world called. He wants his beard back!

I look forward to the season. Thanks again!

Jamie

T Baggins
January 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Tony - The most interesting man in the world called. He wants his beard back!

Jamie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: