PDA

View Full Version : How many years do you...

Clarkie
January 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
...not have to race in the MRA to go from an expert ranking back to the AM classes?

The GECCO
January 5th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Novices must re-license after one season of not being licensed, experts after three seasons.

However, this doesn't have much to do with being eligible for the amateur classes (even as an expert). The relevant section (as of 2010) reads:

4.2 Amateur definition
A. Amateur is used to define combined race classes only and is not a license status. Novice and Expert racers may race together in classes specified as Amateur.
B. Experts who race Amateur GTO or Amateur GTU races are ineligible for RoR GTO and RoR GTU races during the same event. A racer entering either Amateur GTO or Amateur GTU and either RoR GTO or RoR GTU will be removed from the results and will lose all contingency and earnings from both Amateur and RoR classes for that event.
C. Any racer who begins the season as an expert class racer and finishes in the top 5 overall at the end of the year in Amateur GTO or Amateur GTU will be ineligible for both Amateur GTO and Amateur GTU in subsequent seasons. Novice racers that finish in the top 5 of Amateur GTO or Amateur GTU are exempt from this rule, as are racers that begin the season as a novice but advance to expert during that season.

The first line of C tells me that as long as you have never finished top 5 (in a season where you started as an expert) then you can run in the AM classes. In your case, you never even ran in AM, much less finished top 5, so I would think you could run AM classes at any time.

However, the rule basically excludes the top 5 in "all subsequent seasons". What about someone (such as myself) who finished top 5 in AM long before this rule was enacted? Am I ineligible to return?

Clarkie
January 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
So Marky Mark and I could line up with the AM racers? Sweet!

sheispoison
January 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Clarkie, the thought of you on a racebike again make so happy, I don't give a shit what classes you run!
carl

loujr
January 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Clarkie, the thought of you on a racebike again make so happy, I don't give a shit what classes you run!
carl

Me too!!!!!!!

Clarkie
January 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
So STU on a NSR500 then?

TRK
January 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
So STU on a NSR500 then?

:D

Clarkie
January 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
You want one Shan? :D

oldtimer
January 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I can't remember how old you are Aaron! What about Formula 40? No RoR guys can run it. As Tony says, you're either old or fast. :D

Clarkie
January 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
DAMN WYETH!

Not 40 yet, and since I died I get younger now :wink:

Mark Schellinger
January 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM

ME LIKE !!!

Clarkie
January 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM
The depth of the MRA is really strong right now, so you must have to 'block' for me :D

chrobis
January 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mark / Aaron -

It gets even better - you could both race as Novices, and clean up on contingency! (And just think how demoralized the other novices will be after the mock race!!):

4.3 Expert definition
C. Riders having held expert racing credentials who have not competed in at least one event within the last three seasons will be required to attend an MRA approved riders school and race as a novice for at least six races (see Section 4.5) or arrange to be evaluated by the New Rider Director and be classified as novice or expert accordingly.

Throttleroller277
January 6th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Mark / Aaron -

It gets even better - you could both race as Novices, and clean up on contingency! (And just think how demoralized the other novices will be after the mock race!!):

4.3 Expert definition
C. Riders having held expert racing credentials who have not competed in at least one event within the last three seasons will be required to attend an MRA approved riders school and race as a novice for at least six races (see Section 4.5) or arrange to be evaluated by the New Rider Director and be classified as novice or expert accordingly.

King Clarkie raced as an expert in 2008, so he would not be able to race novice according to the rule. Now Mark on the other hand....

Clarkie
January 7th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Gee Brownie, killing the dream huh? :cry:

Throttleroller277
January 7th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Gee Brownie, killing the dream huh? :cry:

LOL... Not trying to kill any dreams..... besides... I have a pretty strong hunch that if you raced in ROR at #1, if you weren't in first, you'd be right up front Clarkie. 8)

Clarkie
January 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
LOL not going to happen, now :D

I have never raced a Novice or AM class, won't be able to now either. Geez Brownie

Throttleroller277
January 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I think that technically you could run the AM classes, if you don't run the ROR class, considering that you have never finished in the top 5 overall season points in AM.

Ray-Ray
January 7th, 2011, 09:05 AM
He can race in LOR with Wendy! :P :P :P :P

Clarkie
January 7th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I just want to cherrypick in a class on my NSR500 V-twin, I guess I can either beat up on Shannon in STU or race it in Utah

TRK
January 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
You want one Shan? :D

How about a pair..........One for me, one for you!

Clarkie
January 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
But if I am going to beat you I will need all the advantage I can get!

Clarkie
January 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Lisa said she heard you could use a pair LMFAO! :D