PDA

View Full Version : Next season checklist?

vort3xr6
January 4th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Since I am still new to this, I need some help getting everything together.

What is your pre season checklist for the bike, season?

So far I have the suspension off, gonna get it serviced.

Motor is dropped, I am going to put fresh gaskets on where I took the covers off, fresh oil, etc.

Cleaned up the frame, check the brakes, change brake fluid. (is it race season yet?)

Anything vital that needs to be done between seasons? (besides losing holiday lbs)

Throttleroller277
January 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Check Shock Linkage/Dog Bones for wear.... Swing arm Pivot.... Steering Head.... Pretty Much anything that moves...

randomhero
January 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'd throw a fresh chain on the bike, new brake pads & fluid, and you should be good

Throttleroller277
January 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
if you put a new chain on, put new sprockets on too..

dragos13
January 5th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Start an emergency savings fund so when something unexpected occurs, it doesn't drain the bank account.

Also, travel and race with other clubs if possible :)

OUTLAWD
January 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
rebuild your calipers so you stop having brake issues... :wink:

Throttleroller277
January 5th, 2011, 09:59 AM
rebuild your calipers so you stop have brake issues... :wink:

brakes are for sissies........

random hero
January 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Start an emergency savings fund so when something unexpected occurs, it doesn't drain the bank account.

Dragos, you or anyone do any of the rounds @ Miller, either w/wera or the Utah based club?? I'm game to ride miller this year for sure!

And yeah, stash some $$ away for the inevitable yard sale

Throttleroller277
January 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I might do a few rounds at Miller this season....

vort3xr6
January 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Wife lost her job. I don't know what savings, travel, or race is.

I am just talking about making sure I don't get to round 1 and miss the race because I forgot to tighten my steering head, or my brake caliper seized from being dirty, etc.

T Baggins
January 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Check your blinker fluid for sure! :lol:

Jon
January 6th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Just a heads up for you traveling types. There are races in Phoenix with CCS and Las Vegas with WERA on 1/29-30 so get those bikes prepped and best of luck to you all.
Nothing keeps you sharper than staying on track. I know Casey and others used to coordinate trips to Phoenix and it really kept costs reasonable for us traveling. Flights to Vegas are bloody cheap and not too terrible bad to Phoenix either. Now's the time to book em. I'll be in Vegas and hope to see you there.