PDA

View Full Version : AMA Sanctioning Change

oldtimer
December 22nd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Please read the Club Announcement regarding our sanctioning and your AMA membership requirement:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12242

Jon
December 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Well, I've already renewed for 2011, don't need the roadside as I have it through AAA, but love what they do for motorcyclist in Washington otherwise we wouldn't be riding our dirt bikes on most of the trails we still enjoy.
Though I've never in the last couple years seen us listed in American Motorcyclist, I'm not sure it would of helped. If it saves the club money and we still have as good a coverage as we once did I'm all for it. I am a bit surprised that they've upped the fee and feel sure that most all organizations are going to be dropping their sanction once they hear the news.
As not all racers are on this forum and since there are quite a few who travel to race maybe a RRW announcements in order?

T Baggins
December 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Jon, staying with AMA/Wells Fargo would have raised the rate from $21,700 (2010) to $39,200 (2011) which we simply can't absorb.

We went with K&K Insurance for 2011 as they are well respected in the motorsports insurance world, and in fact were the preferred insurance provider for AMA for many many years before AMA switched to Wells Fargo.

While we of course believe in AMA's mission, and support what they do... our primary purpose for being an AMA Sanctioned Promoter was because of the insurance benefits. Now that they are 40% higher than the competition, it doesn't make financial sense to continue with them.

We will maintain our Charter with them to show our support, and of course encourage our racers to maintain their AMA memberships - even if only for the Roadside Assistance benefit - which is awesome!